Hitchin treated to whirlwind history of Britain
“COMEDY, magic, dancing and sillyness” is how a performer describes his whirlwind show about Britain’s history.
Greg Chapman’s Condensed History Of Britain takes place at Hitchin’s Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin on Friday, so The Comet spoke t Greg ahead of his first visit to the town.
“It’s comedy, it’s magic, it’s dance, it’s sillyness, and all about Britain,” said Greg, whose solo performance packs in more than 8,000 years of history in 90 minutes.
“I’ve got a history degree sitting in the draw that I’ve never used and the plan just started to come together from that.
“One of the big talking points from the show is my interpretation of the Battle of Hastings through the medium of interpretive dance. It’s something I just came up with and I had no idea that it would work until the first show.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s not all fun and games though, with the 26-year-old adding: “I hope the audience will learn something about Britain’s history along the way.”
Tickets for the show at the Walsworth Road venue cost �8 or �7 concession, with a 7.45pm start.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
To book call 01462 455166 or visit www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk