Hitchin treated to whirlwind history of Britain
“COMEDY, magic, dancing and sillyness” is how a performer describes his whirlwind show about Britain’s history.
Greg Chapman’s Condensed History Of Britain takes place at Hitchin’s Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin on Friday, so The Comet spoke t Greg ahead of his first visit to the town.
“It’s comedy, it’s magic, it’s dance, it’s sillyness, and all about Britain,” said Greg, whose solo performance packs in more than 8,000 years of history in 90 minutes.
“I’ve got a history degree sitting in the draw that I’ve never used and the plan just started to come together from that.
“One of the big talking points from the show is my interpretation of the Battle of Hastings through the medium of interpretive dance. It’s something I just came up with and I had no idea that it would work until the first show.”
It’s not all fun and games though, with the 26-year-old adding: “I hope the audience will learn something about Britain’s history along the way.”
Tickets for the show at the Walsworth Road venue cost �8 or �7 concession, with a 7.45pm start.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
To book call 01462 455166 or visit www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk