Hitchin treated to whirlwind history of Britain
“COMEDY, magic, dancing and sillyness” is how a performer describes his whirlwind show about Britain’s history.
Greg Chapman’s Condensed History Of Britain takes place at Hitchin’s Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin on Friday, so The Comet spoke t Greg ahead of his first visit to the town.
“It’s comedy, it’s magic, it’s dance, it’s sillyness, and all about Britain,” said Greg, whose solo performance packs in more than 8,000 years of history in 90 minutes.
“I’ve got a history degree sitting in the draw that I’ve never used and the plan just started to come together from that.
“One of the big talking points from the show is my interpretation of the Battle of Hastings through the medium of interpretive dance. It’s something I just came up with and I had no idea that it would work until the first show.”
It’s not all fun and games though, with the 26-year-old adding: “I hope the audience will learn something about Britain’s history along the way.”
Tickets for the show at the Walsworth Road venue cost �8 or �7 concession, with a 7.45pm start.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
To book call 01462 455166 or visit www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk