Hitchin theatre host Summer Fayre
A COMEDY soap opera and a children’s show will be performed as part of an annual fayre.
The Market Theatre’s Summer Fayre takes place in Hitchin on Sunday, August 26, following a successful trial last year.
Children’s entertainment will start the day off between 11am and 12.30pm with a bouncy castle, face painting and The Royal Storyteller, a show featuring Robbie the Rabbit.
There will also be an episode of the Most Ridiculous ‘Magic Act’ in History at 1pm from the now infamous comedy soap opera Weekenders, with a performance in musical form at 2pm.
Following that up will be live music from some of the best local talent, as well as arts and craft stalls, cakes, clothing and bric a brac on sale throughout the day until 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place both in the theatre, situated on Sun Street, and in the courtyard with entry costing �1.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 8 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'