Hitchin theatre group have a stab at The Pitchfork Disney
TWO siblings living in a childish fantasy have their lives turned upside down in a gripping drama which opens on Wednesday.
The Bancroft Players are performing Philip Ridley’s The Pitchfork Disney, a play based on brother and sister Presley and Haley who live together in the east end of London.
The pair, whose parents have long since disappeared, live mainly off chocolate and share stories about their fears and dreams, including a recurring nightmare involving a serial killer named The Pitchfork Disney.
When two mysterious visitors enter the fray, all hell breaks loose with fantasy and reality blurred.
The show opens at the Queen Mother Theatre in Walsworth Road, Hitchin, on Wednesday and runs nightly at 7.45pm until Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £8 – call 01462 455166 or visit www.queenmothertheatre.co.uk to book.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?