Hitchin stage set for German comedy ambassador
TICKETS are selling fast for a monthly comedy night thanks to a special appearance from the self-proclaimed “German comedy ambassador”.
Henning Wehn heads the line-up for the latest instalment of Mostly Comedy at The Market Theatre in Hitchin next Thursday, November 15.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will host the night and have tempted Wehn back to the club in Sun Street to preview his new hour-long show, prior to a six-night run at the Leicester Square Theatre over Christmas.
The German comedian’s credits include an appearance on BBC1 panel show QI, as well as BBC Radio 4’s The Now Show and The Unbelievable Truth.
Nish Kumar will also make a return having taken his first full-hour show to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this summer, while sketch troupe Making Faces say they’ll be “uniquely blending poetry and music in an award-giving casserole of comedy, satire and subtle morbidity.”
You may also want to watch:
The bar opens at 8.30pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9.15pm. Tickets are �8, with advanced booking recommended via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown