Hitchin stage set for German comedy ambassador
TICKETS are selling fast for a monthly comedy night thanks to a special appearance from the self-proclaimed “German comedy ambassador”.
Henning Wehn heads the line-up for the latest instalment of Mostly Comedy at The Market Theatre in Hitchin next Thursday, November 15.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will host the night and have tempted Wehn back to the club in Sun Street to preview his new hour-long show, prior to a six-night run at the Leicester Square Theatre over Christmas.
The German comedian’s credits include an appearance on BBC1 panel show QI, as well as BBC Radio 4’s The Now Show and The Unbelievable Truth.
Nish Kumar will also make a return having taken his first full-hour show to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this summer, while sketch troupe Making Faces say they’ll be “uniquely blending poetry and music in an award-giving casserole of comedy, satire and subtle morbidity.”
The bar opens at 8.30pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9.15pm. Tickets are �8, with advanced booking recommended via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know