Hitchin stage set for German comedy ambassador
TICKETS are selling fast for a monthly comedy night thanks to a special appearance from the self-proclaimed “German comedy ambassador”.
Henning Wehn heads the line-up for the latest instalment of Mostly Comedy at The Market Theatre in Hitchin next Thursday, November 15.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will host the night and have tempted Wehn back to the club in Sun Street to preview his new hour-long show, prior to a six-night run at the Leicester Square Theatre over Christmas.
The German comedian’s credits include an appearance on BBC1 panel show QI, as well as BBC Radio 4’s The Now Show and The Unbelievable Truth.
Nish Kumar will also make a return having taken his first full-hour show to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this summer, while sketch troupe Making Faces say they’ll be “uniquely blending poetry and music in an award-giving casserole of comedy, satire and subtle morbidity.”
You may also want to watch:
The bar opens at 8.30pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9.15pm. Tickets are �8, with advanced booking recommended via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys