Hitchin primary school to hold circus fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin primary school is to welcome the fun of the circus next weekend for a fundraising day.
Happy’s Circus will be at Samuel Lucas JMI School, off Gaping Lane, on Saturday, June 23.
The school’s parent-teacher association will provide refreshments, face painting, a raffle and much more.
Samuel Lucas PTA chair Natalie Gray said: “We are holding the circus at Samuel Lucas to provide a fun – and great-value – afternoon for the whole family, and to raise much-needed money so the school can purchase new IT equipment, upgrade the school library books and get a new library IT system.
“We would love to see as many Hitchin families come along and support us.”
You may also want to watch:
Happy’s will also be selling circus-related merchandise on the day. No animals are used in the show.
Gates open at the Samuel Lucas school field at 1pm, and the show runs from 2pm to 4pm. Tickets are £10 from email@example.com.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?