Hitchin’s line-up of laughter
AN ECLECTIC line up is in store for the latest Mostly Comedy night.
Headlining for comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will be Meryl O’Rourke, who will be presenting a full-length performance of her British Comedy Guide-rated five-star 2011 Edinburgh Fringe Festival show, Bad Mother.
Frankie Boyle, who O’Rourke recently supported at the Hammersmith Apollo, describes her as “a tiny sparkling nymph that dances on the palm of the God of Laughter”.
Also appearing at The Croft in Hitchin on Thursday is singer and comedian Frank Sanazi who is “comedy gold” according to the Evening Standard.
Further stand-up comes from one of London is Funny’s ‘Top Ten Stand-ups to Watch in 2011’, Luke Benson, with Chris Boyd completing the bill.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 8.15pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9pm. Tickets cost �6 – visit www.mostlycomedy.co.uk to book.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Did you know St Trinian's school was once in north Hertfordshire?
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer