Hitchin’s line-up of laughter
AN ECLECTIC line up is in store for the latest Mostly Comedy night.
Headlining for comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave will be Meryl O’Rourke, who will be presenting a full-length performance of her British Comedy Guide-rated five-star 2011 Edinburgh Fringe Festival show, Bad Mother.
Frankie Boyle, who O’Rourke recently supported at the Hammersmith Apollo, describes her as “a tiny sparkling nymph that dances on the palm of the God of Laughter”.
Also appearing at The Croft in Hitchin on Thursday is singer and comedian Frank Sanazi who is “comedy gold” according to the Evening Standard.
Further stand-up comes from one of London is Funny’s ‘Top Ten Stand-ups to Watch in 2011’, Luke Benson, with Chris Boyd completing the bill.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 8.15pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9pm. Tickets cost �6 – visit www.mostlycomedy.co.uk to book.
- 1 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 2 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 3 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 4 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 7 Free trees to be offered to North Herts residents for 'urban forest' plans
- 8 Stevenage road closed after crash
- 9 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher