Hitchin’s James Bay releases fourth single from hit album - with a video that harks back to his roots
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin singer-songwriter James Bay, acclaimed as the British breakthrough artist of 2015, has released a fourth single from his smash hit album Chaos And The Calm – and an accompanying video that harks back to the small venues he was playing less than two years ago.
If You Ever Want To Be In Love taps into his love of artists like Bruce Springsteen and Ryan Adams melding emotive imagery, with driving guitar and a hook-laden chorus.
The video was directed by acclaimed director Sophie Muller, who has previously worked with the likes of Beyonce and Shakira, and sees James performing in a small venue not unlike the pubs and clubs he was playing just 18 months ago.
Now as one of the most successful live acts of the year, he’s selling out venues across the world and the platinum album is the biggest seller of the year so far. It has spent more than 30 in the top 15 album chart and already spawned two top 10 singles.
He’s been no stranger to award ceremonies this year, either, having won Breakthrough Solo Artist at the GQ awards, walked away with the Best New Act at the Q Awards, and performing last week at the MTV EMA awards in Milan where he was nominated in two categories.
You may also want to watch:
After a successful summer of festival appearances he has also just completed a sold out UK tour including three shows at Brixton Academy and confirmed a short residency at the Hammersmith Apollo next March.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism