Hitchin’s Club 85 promises a packed weekend offering treats for all tastes
- Credit: Archant
It’s a busy weekend at Hitchin’s Club 85, with the Whinbush Road venue’s trademark eclectic musical mix to the fore.
Tomorrow Detroit-based singer-songwriter Zander Michigan will be on the bill for a Roots & Roll Cafe session which will also feature Beds-based Painted Lady, Walkern’s Roxy Searle, Hitchin rock band Oldskool and Cambridgeshire’s Charmaine Dawson, billed as Kate Bush for the 21st century, and you won’t be far wrong!
It’s only £6 on the door from 7.45pm with music starting at 8pm.
That’s followed on Saturday with hotly-tipped Birmingham indie-rockers Jaws calling in on their UK tour, with support from Sheffield slacker punks Nai Harvest and Liverpool’s Whitecliff – who feature erstwhile Stevenage skin-slapper Tom Taylor on drums.
Tickets are £10 in advance from www.juiceboxindie.com or £12 on the doors, and again the start time is 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday night there’s more international talent with a visit from Danish skate punks Forever Unclean, with the undercard boasting a first local show for pop punk supergroup The Over Everythings – featuring members of Frog Stupid, Manboob and many more besides – as well as female alternative rockers Screech Bats and a live debut from new local trio Post99.
The Sunday show will be getting under way from 6.45pm and it’s only £5.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Visit the website at www.club-85.co.uk for more details and to see what else is coming up on the venue’s crowded calendar.