Hitchin’s Alex Francis returns to hometown venue following European tour
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin musician is set to return to his roots after a series of high profile gigs at Club 85 on May 11.
Alex Francis’ performance at Club 85 follows a run of gigs including British Summer Time in London’s Hyde Park, the Isle of Wight Festival and a European tour with Stereophonics.
Alex told the Comet: “I can’t wait to perform with the band at home again. I get a huge kick out of being able to showcase the show that we take around the UK and Europe to the very people whose support started me along the journey that I’m on now. “It gives me great pleasure to know that all of that support still exists in my home town and it’s always a very special, familiar feeling in fron tof that crowd and always makes for a great night. “I know there are a handful of tickets still available online and around the town so I’d encourage people to snap them up sharpish!”
The former Hitchin Boys’ School student has also recently announced that he will be supporting Sting & Shaggy on a tour in Europe, and will also be performing a Oceanfest 2018 alongside stars including Chase and Status, Jess Glynne and Razorlight.
He continued: I’ve been non-stop in the studio recording my new single ‘Free’ that arrives on June 22 with my amazing producer Chris Patter and my band.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a real team effort and I’m absolutely thrilled with the result. I can’t wait for the world to hear it.
“There’s a very unique vibe about Club 85 – it’s still one of my favourite venues to play and always will be.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
“I’ve never had a bad night performing there. Expect dancing, expect hands in the air, expect singalongs then blend big guitars and big songs. Things are going to get soulful.
“I’ve got some amazing support acts on board as well – Harry Pane and Oscar Corney. Amazing songwriters and both doing incredibly well in their own right. Don’t miss them.”
Tickets are available to buy from Farley’s. Gatefold Record Lounge, Jolly Brown, Hitchin Initiative Enterprise and Training shop, The Vic, Bar 85 and David’s Bookshop in Letchworth.
You can also buy tickets online at club-85.co.uk. Tickets cost £10, or £12 on the door. Doors open at 7.45pm.
For more information go to alex-francis-gzzp.squarespace.com.