Hitchin Party in the Park to support Helping Hands charity
- Credit: Archant
A community fun day is to be held for charity in Hitchin next weekend.
Community group One Love One Hitchin is putting on the Summer Solstice Party in the Park at Bancroft Recreation Ground on Saturday, June 23.
There will be live music, stalls, street food, a bar and more. It all starts at 12 noon and goes on until 8pm.
The proceeds will go to Hitchin Helping Hands, a charity that helps people with disabilities and older members of the community to get out and about.
“Last year we raised over £1,000 pounds for charity,” said One Love One Hitchin’s Jackie Brown.
“This year it would be amazing if we could double that amount, but it would be brilliant if we can raise more – as this money can do so much for the people of Hitchin.”
Those on board to help this year include Matt Bean, of Cantinas Carnitas and Hitchin Street Food fame.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
For more, look up One Love One Hitchin on Facebook.