Hitchin Party in the Park to support Helping Hands charity
- Credit: Archant
A community fun day is to be held for charity in Hitchin next weekend.
Community group One Love One Hitchin is putting on the Summer Solstice Party in the Park at Bancroft Recreation Ground on Saturday, June 23.
There will be live music, stalls, street food, a bar and more. It all starts at 12 noon and goes on until 8pm.
The proceeds will go to Hitchin Helping Hands, a charity that helps people with disabilities and older members of the community to get out and about.
“Last year we raised over £1,000 pounds for charity,” said One Love One Hitchin’s Jackie Brown.
You may also want to watch:
“This year it would be amazing if we could double that amount, but it would be brilliant if we can raise more – as this money can do so much for the people of Hitchin.”
Those on board to help this year include Matt Bean, of Cantinas Carnitas and Hitchin Street Food fame.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
For more, look up One Love One Hitchin on Facebook.