Hitchin Party in the Park to support Helping Hands charity
- Credit: Archant
A community fun day is to be held for charity in Hitchin next weekend.
Community group One Love One Hitchin is putting on the Summer Solstice Party in the Park at Bancroft Recreation Ground on Saturday, June 23.
There will be live music, stalls, street food, a bar and more. It all starts at 12 noon and goes on until 8pm.
The proceeds will go to Hitchin Helping Hands, a charity that helps people with disabilities and older members of the community to get out and about.
“Last year we raised over £1,000 pounds for charity,” said One Love One Hitchin’s Jackie Brown.
“This year it would be amazing if we could double that amount, but it would be brilliant if we can raise more – as this money can do so much for the people of Hitchin.”
Those on board to help this year include Matt Bean, of Cantinas Carnitas and Hitchin Street Food fame.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
For more, look up One Love One Hitchin on Facebook.