Hitchin Party in the Park to support Helping Hands charity
- Credit: Archant
A community fun day is to be held for charity in Hitchin next weekend.
Community group One Love One Hitchin is putting on the Summer Solstice Party in the Park at Bancroft Recreation Ground on Saturday, June 23.
There will be live music, stalls, street food, a bar and more. It all starts at 12 noon and goes on until 8pm.
The proceeds will go to Hitchin Helping Hands, a charity that helps people with disabilities and older members of the community to get out and about.
“Last year we raised over £1,000 pounds for charity,” said One Love One Hitchin’s Jackie Brown.
You may also want to watch:
“This year it would be amazing if we could double that amount, but it would be brilliant if we can raise more – as this money can do so much for the people of Hitchin.”
Those on board to help this year include Matt Bean, of Cantinas Carnitas and Hitchin Street Food fame.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
For more, look up One Love One Hitchin on Facebook.