Hitchin Museum’s memories of war talk
A MUSEUM hosts a wartime talk and a two-man play on Saturday.
First up at the British Schools Museum in Queen Street, Hitchin, will be A Child’s Christmas During World War Two from 10.30am to 11.30am.
Author Ken Burton will be reminiscing about spending Christmas in Pirton during the war, with tickets available for �4 including tea or coffee.
Tony Phillips and Richard Mann from Future Legend Theatre Company will then perform The Glenn Miller Mystery at 3pm, in a play that asks what happened to American jazz musician Glenn Miller?
Tickets for the 3pm show cost �8 including tea or coffee and cakes, with a repeat 8pm production priced at �10.
You may also want to watch:
A fish and chip supper is available for the evening show at 7pm, for a further �5.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage