Hitchin Museum’s memories of war talk
A MUSEUM hosts a wartime talk and a two-man play on Saturday.
First up at the British Schools Museum in Queen Street, Hitchin, will be A Child’s Christmas During World War Two from 10.30am to 11.30am.
Author Ken Burton will be reminiscing about spending Christmas in Pirton during the war, with tickets available for �4 including tea or coffee.
Tony Phillips and Richard Mann from Future Legend Theatre Company will then perform The Glenn Miller Mystery at 3pm, in a play that asks what happened to American jazz musician Glenn Miller?
Tickets for the 3pm show cost �8 including tea or coffee and cakes, with a repeat 8pm production priced at �10.
You may also want to watch:
A fish and chip supper is available for the evening show at 7pm, for a further �5.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward