Coronavirus: Hitchin comedy club night postponed
- Credit: Gemma Poole
A monthly Hitchin comedy club has postponed next week’s gig in the town due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Arthur Smith, Spring Day and Olaf Falafel were due to appear at Doggett & Ephgrave's Hitchin Mostly Comedy night on Thursday, March 19.
However, organisers of the Hitchin Town Hall show have postponed the event until Friday, May 22, 'to play our part in helping to minimalise the spread of coronavirus'.
Comedy duo Doggett & Ephgrave tweeted: 'We've taken the executive decision to postpone next week's Hitchin #MostlyComedy to 22nd May, for obvious reasons.
'Sorry for the inconvenience, but we hope to see you in the rescheduled date.'
The gig will now take place on Friday, May 22 with the same line-up apart from Spring Day, who will appear at the club on July 16.
Ticket holders will be contacted by WeGotTickets with more info on moving to the new date or opting for a refund.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 8 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
The Mostly Comedy show planned for April 23 with Phil Cornwell, Brodi Snook, and Doggett & Ephgrave, plus podcast interview, is still going ahead at time of going to press.
For more on the club, visit www.mostlycomedy.co.uk