Coronavirus: Hitchin comedy club night postponed
- Credit: Gemma Poole
A monthly Hitchin comedy club has postponed next week’s gig in the town due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Arthur Smith, Spring Day and Olaf Falafel were due to appear at Doggett & Ephgrave's Hitchin Mostly Comedy night on Thursday, March 19.
However, organisers of the Hitchin Town Hall show have postponed the event until Friday, May 22, 'to play our part in helping to minimalise the spread of coronavirus'.
Comedy duo Doggett & Ephgrave tweeted: 'We've taken the executive decision to postpone next week's Hitchin #MostlyComedy to 22nd May, for obvious reasons.
'Sorry for the inconvenience, but we hope to see you in the rescheduled date.'
You may also want to watch:
The gig will now take place on Friday, May 22 with the same line-up apart from Spring Day, who will appear at the club on July 16.
Ticket holders will be contacted by WeGotTickets with more info on moving to the new date or opting for a refund.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
The Mostly Comedy show planned for April 23 with Phil Cornwell, Brodi Snook, and Doggett & Ephgrave, plus podcast interview, is still going ahead at time of going to press.
For more on the club, visit www.mostlycomedy.co.uk