Hitchin hosts classical concerts
CLASSICAL music will be ringing out from a Hitchin church twice in the next week as two acts return to the town.
Orchestra London Concertante will be the first to visit St Mary’s Church in Churchyard on Saturday as part of their Christmas tour.
The ensemble, who performed at the same venue last year, will be playing classical favourites such as Strauss’ waltzes, Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite, Rossini and Boccherini in a candlelit setting.
The concert starts at 7.30pm with tickets priced at �12, �14 and �16. They can be bought from Hitchin Initiative, by calling 0845 689 7015 or www.londonconcertante.com
The church will then welcome classical guitarist and lutist Toby Carr on Wednesday for a home-coming concert.
You may also want to watch:
Toby, who is originally from the market town but is now living in London, will be playing the theorbo lute with vocals from mezzo-soprano CN Lester for a concert which combines songs of Purcell and Dowland with traditional and mediaeval carols.
Toby, who currently teaches the guitar at North Herts Music School and Hitchin Boys’ School, will be performing at 8pm, with tickets available on the door for �6.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people