Hitchin hosts Christmas carol concerts
CHRISTMAS is coming and there are carols galore on the run-up to the festive season.
Hitchin Thespians present Christmas at Woodside from tomorrow (Thursday) with an evening of traditional Christmas music, readings and audience carols.
The concert, under the musical direction of Charlie Wakely with John Edwards on piano, takes place at Woodside Hall in Walsworth Road nightly until Saturday.
Tickets for each show, which starts at 7.45pm, are priced at 10 which includes a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie in the interval.
Tickets can be obtained from the Hitchin Thespians box office on 01462 641575 or by emailing email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
The Hitchin Branch of the Royal British Legion will also be hosting their annual Carol Concert on Saturday as Hitchin Town Band and Letchworth GC-based City Chorus take to the stage.
The evening, in aid of the Poppy Appeal, is being held at Hitchin Town Hall and starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Admission on the door is �6 for adults while children go free.
There will be more good cheer next week when The North Hertfordshire College choir perform at Hitchin’s Centre for the Arts in Willian Road. All proceeds go to Keech Hospice Care.
Tickets for next Friday’s show, which starts at 7pm, are �8 and includes mulled wine and mince pies.
Book online at www.cfa.nhc.ac.uk or call 01462 471061.