Hitchin hosts award-winning comedy
THERE’S another jam-packed line-up for a Hitchin audience to enjoy next week in the form of Mostly Comedy.
Doggett and Ephgrave’s monthly comedy night at The Croft is headed up by award-winning comic Celia Pacquola.
The Australian’s last stand-up show, Flying Solos, received rave reviews at the 2010 Edinburgh Festival Fringe, leading to runs at both London’s Soho Theatre and at the Melbourne Festival Fringe.
Pacquola has appeared on BBC1’s The Rob Brydon Show, BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News and E4’s Show & Tell, as well as racking up awards such as Best Comedy at 2008 Melbourne Fringe and Best Australian Act at the 2009 Melbourne International Comedy Festival on her way to performing at the Sydney Opera House.
Cult musical comic Jay Foreman returns to the Mostly Comedy stage with an hour-long set, fresh from supporting Dave Gorman on his three-month tour last year.
Described by comedy website Chortle as ‘a Victoria Wood for the Spotify generation’, Foreman received five and four-star reviews almost across the board at his last two Edinburgh Festivals.
No stranger to accolades either, he’s won the BBC New Talent Pick of the Fringe and Best Newcomer at the 2009 Musical Comedy Awards.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Completing the bill for next Thursday’s show at the venue in Bancroft are Paul Harry Allen and ITV1 competition So You Think You’re Funny finalist Duncan Hart.
Doors open at 8.15pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9pm. Tickets are �6, and are available both on the door or in advance via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk