Hitchin hosts 60s musical extravaganza
SIXTIES music lovers will be glad all over when a musical extravaganza rolls into Hitchin for the second year running.
ff Doggett and Ephgrave, in association with Rob Maskell, present Glad All Over: A Sixties Celebration on Monday, July 18, as part of the Hitchin Festival.
Those in attendance at the Queen Mother Theatre will be taken on a two-hour magical mystery tour of the sounds which defined a generation, covering everything from the Beach Boys to the Beatles and from Donovan to Dusty.
Featuring a high-octane mix of rock, pop, soul and Motown classics, Glad All Over is performed by a cast of seven multi-talented actors and musicians - whose combined West End and touring credits include Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story, Dreamboats and Petticoats and Only The Lonely: The Roy Orbison Story.
The show authentically captures the youthful, vibrant energy of a 1960s gigging band, with strong attention to both musical and visual detail.
You may also want to watch:
So if you’re stuck for something to do at 8pm on Monday night, why not dig out that old pair of Winklepickers, slip into that mini-skirt and drop in to the Walsworth Road venue for a 60s party to remember?
Tickets are �15 and are available from the Queen Mother Theatre box office on 01462 455166 or via www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
For more information about the show visit www.gladalloversixties.co.uk