Hitchin hosts 60s musical extravaganza
SIXTIES music lovers will be glad all over when a musical extravaganza rolls into Hitchin for the second year running.
ff Doggett and Ephgrave, in association with Rob Maskell, present Glad All Over: A Sixties Celebration on Monday, July 18, as part of the Hitchin Festival.
Those in attendance at the Queen Mother Theatre will be taken on a two-hour magical mystery tour of the sounds which defined a generation, covering everything from the Beach Boys to the Beatles and from Donovan to Dusty.
Featuring a high-octane mix of rock, pop, soul and Motown classics, Glad All Over is performed by a cast of seven multi-talented actors and musicians - whose combined West End and touring credits include Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story, Dreamboats and Petticoats and Only The Lonely: The Roy Orbison Story.
The show authentically captures the youthful, vibrant energy of a 1960s gigging band, with strong attention to both musical and visual detail.
So if you’re stuck for something to do at 8pm on Monday night, why not dig out that old pair of Winklepickers, slip into that mini-skirt and drop in to the Walsworth Road venue for a 60s party to remember?
Tickets are �15 and are available from the Queen Mother Theatre box office on 01462 455166 or via www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
For more information about the show visit www.gladalloversixties.co.uk