Hitchin hosts 60s musical extravaganza
SIXTIES music lovers will be glad all over when a musical extravaganza rolls into Hitchin for the second year running.
ff Doggett and Ephgrave, in association with Rob Maskell, present Glad All Over: A Sixties Celebration on Monday, July 18, as part of the Hitchin Festival.
Those in attendance at the Queen Mother Theatre will be taken on a two-hour magical mystery tour of the sounds which defined a generation, covering everything from the Beach Boys to the Beatles and from Donovan to Dusty.
Featuring a high-octane mix of rock, pop, soul and Motown classics, Glad All Over is performed by a cast of seven multi-talented actors and musicians - whose combined West End and touring credits include Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story, Dreamboats and Petticoats and Only The Lonely: The Roy Orbison Story.
The show authentically captures the youthful, vibrant energy of a 1960s gigging band, with strong attention to both musical and visual detail.
So if you’re stuck for something to do at 8pm on Monday night, why not dig out that old pair of Winklepickers, slip into that mini-skirt and drop in to the Walsworth Road venue for a 60s party to remember?
Tickets are �15 and are available from the Queen Mother Theatre box office on 01462 455166 or via www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 9 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
For more information about the show visit www.gladalloversixties.co.uk