Hitchin Food Fest ‘totally buzzing and delicious’ as town centre is packed
- Credit: Archant
Town centre manager Tom Hardy was delighted by the success of Hitchin Food Fest over the weekend.
“There was such a buzz in the town over the weekend and it is great to see it so packed with new and regular visitors,” he told the Comet.
“This year we introduced a large stretch tent in place of the usual food demonstration stage. We booked town centre businesses slots to offer free tasters and talks, which proved hugely popular.
“In addition to this we placed road signs around the town directing and informing visitors of the food and drink offer. We also produced a festival map highlighting the ‘in-house’ activities available within businesses over the weekend.”
Tom added: “These events, flowers, Christmas lights and additional activities are all paid for by the businesses in the town centre. A huge thank-you has to go to them for their continued support for the work undertaken by the Hitchin BID.”
You may also want to watch:
Those enjoying the festival, held in the Market Place and High Street over Saturday and Sunday, included Councillor Judi Billing – who called it “totally buzzing and delicious”.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage