Hitchin Food Fest ‘totally buzzing and delicious’ as town centre is packed
- Credit: Archant
Town centre manager Tom Hardy was delighted by the success of Hitchin Food Fest over the weekend.
“There was such a buzz in the town over the weekend and it is great to see it so packed with new and regular visitors,” he told the Comet.
“This year we introduced a large stretch tent in place of the usual food demonstration stage. We booked town centre businesses slots to offer free tasters and talks, which proved hugely popular.
“In addition to this we placed road signs around the town directing and informing visitors of the food and drink offer. We also produced a festival map highlighting the ‘in-house’ activities available within businesses over the weekend.”
Tom added: “These events, flowers, Christmas lights and additional activities are all paid for by the businesses in the town centre. A huge thank-you has to go to them for their continued support for the work undertaken by the Hitchin BID.”
Those enjoying the festival, held in the Market Place and High Street over Saturday and Sunday, included Councillor Judi Billing – who called it “totally buzzing and delicious”.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas