Hitchin Food Fest ‘totally buzzing and delicious’ as town centre is packed
- Credit: Archant
Town centre manager Tom Hardy was delighted by the success of Hitchin Food Fest over the weekend.
“There was such a buzz in the town over the weekend and it is great to see it so packed with new and regular visitors,” he told the Comet.
“This year we introduced a large stretch tent in place of the usual food demonstration stage. We booked town centre businesses slots to offer free tasters and talks, which proved hugely popular.
“In addition to this we placed road signs around the town directing and informing visitors of the food and drink offer. We also produced a festival map highlighting the ‘in-house’ activities available within businesses over the weekend.”
Tom added: “These events, flowers, Christmas lights and additional activities are all paid for by the businesses in the town centre. A huge thank-you has to go to them for their continued support for the work undertaken by the Hitchin BID.”
You may also want to watch:
Those enjoying the festival, held in the Market Place and High Street over Saturday and Sunday, included Councillor Judi Billing – who called it “totally buzzing and delicious”.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 7 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 8 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash