Hitchin Food & Drink Festival 2017: Celebrity chefs Dean Edwards and Nigel Barden help whip up another culinary hit
- Credit: Archant
A fine showcase of chefs, suppliers and producers whipped up a huge success during the sixth annual Hitchin Food & Drink Festival at the weekend.
More than 50 stallholders promoted their goods on Market Place and in the High Street on Saturday and Sunday, while celebrity chefs Nigel Barden from BBC Radio 2’s Simon Mayo show and Dean Edwards from ITV’s Lorraine cooked up a storm on the Creative Kitchen stage.
Nigel posted updates from his turkey schnitzel demo online, while Dean tweeted the Hitchin BID organising team afterwards to say: “I had a fantastic day! Thanks for having me.”
There were also showcases on both days from chefs behind some of the town’s best restaurants – including the Hermitage Rd Bar & Restaruant, and Bucklersbury tapas bar Los Reyes – and traders from Street Food Monthly, including Tuck In London and Soul Shack.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins told the Comet afterwards: “This weekend continues to be one of the highlights of the year. The crowds were tremendous and the weather was kind.
You may also want to watch:
“This festival is a great complement to the wonderful local produce and crafts market that is held on the last Saturday of each month, down by the riverside.”
To find out more, see facebook.com/HitchinFoodFest.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 8 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 9 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 10 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day