Hitchin fireworks display back with a bang at the Priory
- Credit: Alan Davies
Hitchin’s annual fireworks display returns on Sunday, November 3 this year.
The town's traditional bonfire and fireworks party will take place in the grounds of Hitchin Priory two days before Bonfire Night.
The family-friendly event on Sunday, November 3 will be supporting nominated charity Phase this year.
Gates to Hitchin Priory will open at 4pm, and they will close at 6pm before the fireworks begin around 6.30pm.
As well as the pyrotechnics lighting up the night sky, there will be a bonfire lit between 5pm and 5.30pm, while refreshments will be available from the best street food traders and a beer tent.
Adult tickets cost £7 in advance and it is £3 for under-14s.
There's also VIP options for those wanting to make the Guy Fawkes Night celebrations extra special.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
The regular ticket price on the gate is £10 for adults and £5 children.
Tickets on the night will be cash only.
Under-twos get in for free.
The entrance is off of Tilehouse Street, and there is no parking at the venue.
Tickets are also on sale at various locations around the north Hertfordshire town.
You can buy them at Hitchin BID in Churchyard, Farley's and Hermitage Road Cafe & Bagel Bar, both in Hermitage Road, at Maison Blanc in Bancroft, at Hitchin Priory Hotel in Tilehouse Street, and at The Haberdashery in Bucklersbury.
? For more details, visit the Hitchin Fireworks website at www.hitchinfireworks.co.uk
There will also be a fireworks display at Ickleford Sports Club on Saturday, November 2.