Hitchin fireworks display back with a bang at the Priory
- Credit: Alan Davies
Hitchin’s annual fireworks display returns on Sunday, November 3 this year.
The town's traditional bonfire and fireworks party will take place in the grounds of Hitchin Priory two days before Bonfire Night.
The family-friendly event on Sunday, November 3 will be supporting nominated charity Phase this year.
Gates to Hitchin Priory will open at 4pm, and they will close at 6pm before the fireworks begin around 6.30pm.
As well as the pyrotechnics lighting up the night sky, there will be a bonfire lit between 5pm and 5.30pm, while refreshments will be available from the best street food traders and a beer tent.
You may also want to watch:
Adult tickets cost £7 in advance and it is £3 for under-14s.
There's also VIP options for those wanting to make the Guy Fawkes Night celebrations extra special.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
The regular ticket price on the gate is £10 for adults and £5 children.
Tickets on the night will be cash only.
Under-twos get in for free.
The entrance is off of Tilehouse Street, and there is no parking at the venue.
Tickets are also on sale at various locations around the north Hertfordshire town.
You can buy them at Hitchin BID in Churchyard, Farley's and Hermitage Road Cafe & Bagel Bar, both in Hermitage Road, at Maison Blanc in Bancroft, at Hitchin Priory Hotel in Tilehouse Street, and at The Haberdashery in Bucklersbury.
? For more details, visit the Hitchin Fireworks website at www.hitchinfireworks.co.uk
There will also be a fireworks display at Ickleford Sports Club on Saturday, November 2.