Hitchin comedy duo preview Project Stuff
A COMEDY duo are previewing their first brand new live show in two years from Thursday.
Doggett and Ephgrave, who are behind monthly comedy club Mostly Comedy, will be performing for three consecutive nights through to Saturday at the Market Theatre in Hitchin.
The pair will then take their show Doggett and Ephgrave Project Stuff to the Etcetera Theatre in August, as part of a four-day run at this year’s Camden Fringe Festival.
The duo, whose previous credits include eight seasons with The Comedy Project at Soho Theatre and the collection of filmed sketches Doggett and Ephgrave’s Comedy Shorts, will be pushing their often neglected third member - their project - to the forefront for an hour of slideshow-based stand-up.
Tonight and tomorrow’s shows both start at 9.30pm before an earlier set on Saturday from 9pm.
Tickets are �10, and are available from the box Office on 01462 433553 or by visiting www.markettheatre.co.uk
*Hitchin is also the venue for the latest instalment of the Lastminutecomedy Club.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
Performing at Woodside Hall on Friday will be award-winning comedian Howard Read.
Read is best known as the other half to the animated six-year-old virtual stand-up comic Little Howard, which has lead him to perform in front of the Queen as well as win awards for Little Howard’s Big Question on BBC1, BBC2 and CBBC.
Joining him will be classy Geordie gag merchant Mike Milligan, who’s first stand-up show was in front of a young audience in Newcastle, where he was a teacher.
The evening’s line-up is completed by Paul B Edwards who will be welcoming the crowd with a laugh, a song and more than the occasional ad-lib.
All three will be back up on stage the following night, Saturday, as the club holds another show at Letchworth Arts Centre.
Doors for both shows open at 7.30pm with the performances commencing at 8.30pm.
Entry is �10 or �8 for members with advanced tickets available for the Letchworth GC show on 01462 670788 or by visiting the Arts Centre between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Saturday.