Hitchin comedy duo preview Project Stuff
A COMEDY duo are previewing their first brand new live show in two years from Thursday.
Doggett and Ephgrave, who are behind monthly comedy club Mostly Comedy, will be performing for three consecutive nights through to Saturday at the Market Theatre in Hitchin.
The pair will then take their show Doggett and Ephgrave Project Stuff to the Etcetera Theatre in August, as part of a four-day run at this year’s Camden Fringe Festival.
The duo, whose previous credits include eight seasons with The Comedy Project at Soho Theatre and the collection of filmed sketches Doggett and Ephgrave’s Comedy Shorts, will be pushing their often neglected third member - their project - to the forefront for an hour of slideshow-based stand-up.
Tonight and tomorrow’s shows both start at 9.30pm before an earlier set on Saturday from 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10, and are available from the box Office on 01462 433553 or by visiting www.markettheatre.co.uk
*Hitchin is also the venue for the latest instalment of the Lastminutecomedy Club.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
Performing at Woodside Hall on Friday will be award-winning comedian Howard Read.
Read is best known as the other half to the animated six-year-old virtual stand-up comic Little Howard, which has lead him to perform in front of the Queen as well as win awards for Little Howard’s Big Question on BBC1, BBC2 and CBBC.
Joining him will be classy Geordie gag merchant Mike Milligan, who’s first stand-up show was in front of a young audience in Newcastle, where he was a teacher.
The evening’s line-up is completed by Paul B Edwards who will be welcoming the crowd with a laugh, a song and more than the occasional ad-lib.
All three will be back up on stage the following night, Saturday, as the club holds another show at Letchworth Arts Centre.
Doors for both shows open at 7.30pm with the performances commencing at 8.30pm.
Entry is �10 or �8 for members with advanced tickets available for the Letchworth GC show on 01462 670788 or by visiting the Arts Centre between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Saturday.