Hitchin comedy duo preview Project Stuff
A COMEDY duo are previewing their first brand new live show in two years from Thursday.
Doggett and Ephgrave, who are behind monthly comedy club Mostly Comedy, will be performing for three consecutive nights through to Saturday at the Market Theatre in Hitchin.
The pair will then take their show Doggett and Ephgrave Project Stuff to the Etcetera Theatre in August, as part of a four-day run at this year’s Camden Fringe Festival.
The duo, whose previous credits include eight seasons with The Comedy Project at Soho Theatre and the collection of filmed sketches Doggett and Ephgrave’s Comedy Shorts, will be pushing their often neglected third member - their project - to the forefront for an hour of slideshow-based stand-up.
Tonight and tomorrow’s shows both start at 9.30pm before an earlier set on Saturday from 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10, and are available from the box Office on 01462 433553 or by visiting www.markettheatre.co.uk
*Hitchin is also the venue for the latest instalment of the Lastminutecomedy Club.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
Performing at Woodside Hall on Friday will be award-winning comedian Howard Read.
Read is best known as the other half to the animated six-year-old virtual stand-up comic Little Howard, which has lead him to perform in front of the Queen as well as win awards for Little Howard’s Big Question on BBC1, BBC2 and CBBC.
Joining him will be classy Geordie gag merchant Mike Milligan, who’s first stand-up show was in front of a young audience in Newcastle, where he was a teacher.
The evening’s line-up is completed by Paul B Edwards who will be welcoming the crowd with a laugh, a song and more than the occasional ad-lib.
All three will be back up on stage the following night, Saturday, as the club holds another show at Letchworth Arts Centre.
Doors for both shows open at 7.30pm with the performances commencing at 8.30pm.
Entry is �10 or �8 for members with advanced tickets available for the Letchworth GC show on 01462 670788 or by visiting the Arts Centre between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Saturday.