Coldplay, Strokes and Fleetwood Mac cover gig in Hitchin to aid hospice
- Credit: Archant
November 2 promises to be a special night for music lovers in Hitchin as three bands bring three classic acts to Club 85 to raise money for charity.
Letchworth band Mr Speaker have organised the line-up for the gig, which also features Hitchin-based Transmission and duo Midnight Drives.
Due to a personal loss close to Mr Speaker, Club 85 has allowed the bands to donate all proceeds from the night to Garden House Hospice Care.
The show will see Midnight Drives open with Fleetwood Mac covers, before Transmission come on and play The Strokes’ debut album Is This It in its entirety.
Mr Speaker will then round off the evening with a selection of Coldplay covers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Speaker lead singer Tom Donovan said: “We are so excited be bringing the Coldplay experience back to Club 85 – and with a bumper line-up to boot.
“Having Transmission and Midnight Drives complete the line-up is special for us, and it’s great for live music in the local area to get three of the best local bands together for a huge night at our premier local music venue.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
“The bands all believe that Garden House Hospice Care performs a valuable role in our community, and the opportunity to raise some money for such a fantastic organisation only adds to the event.”
Mr Speaker have been playing in and around North Herts for nearly eight years now, and in that time have released Christmas singles, written a theme for a friend’s James Bond screenplay, and raised cash for charities including the MS Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.
The band has recently refocused their energy into bringing the Coldplay live experience to North Herts fans.
This will be their second appearance at Club 85, in Hitchin’s Whinbush Road – and hits on the set list include Paradise, Up&Up, Yellow, Clocks and more.
Hitchin covers band Transmission have built up a loyal following over the last three years. This will be their first time playing at Club 85.
Midnight Drives have been regulars over the past few years at events like Balstock, Baldock Beer Festival and Hitchin’s Rhythms of the World festival.
Tickets for the show on Friday, November 2, are £5 in advance, £7 on the night. Doors open at 8pm. See wegottickets.com/event/450952.