Hitchin pub starting new weekly open-mic night
- Credit: Archant
Calling all musicians! A Hitchin pub is starting a new weekly open-mic night.
The Angels, in Bedford Road, will be showcasing live musicans from 9pm to 11pm each Wednesday from October 10 onwards.
Michael King, who has been running open-mic nights at Ware’s Punch House pub for the past three years, is excited to now be doing so back in his hometown.
“Open-mic nights are vital for building not only potential fans, but a great way to network with other musicians and event organisers,” said Michael.
Michael started performing as a solo musician because of an open-mic organiser called Kev Maher, who persuaded him to perform Radiohead songs and later more.
You may also want to watch:
He was also inspired by playing alongside James Bay at an open-mic evening early in the Hold Back The River star’s career. “Now look at the handsome chap and his success,” quipped Michael.
Walk-in slots are available – ask at the bar for details.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'