Hitchin pub starting new weekly open-mic night
- Credit: Archant
Calling all musicians! A Hitchin pub is starting a new weekly open-mic night.
The Angels, in Bedford Road, will be showcasing live musicans from 9pm to 11pm each Wednesday from October 10 onwards.
Michael King, who has been running open-mic nights at Ware’s Punch House pub for the past three years, is excited to now be doing so back in his hometown.
“Open-mic nights are vital for building not only potential fans, but a great way to network with other musicians and event organisers,” said Michael.
Michael started performing as a solo musician because of an open-mic organiser called Kev Maher, who persuaded him to perform Radiohead songs and later more.
You may also want to watch:
He was also inspired by playing alongside James Bay at an open-mic evening early in the Hold Back The River star’s career. “Now look at the handsome chap and his success,” quipped Michael.
Walk-in slots are available – ask at the bar for details.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death