Hitchin and Letchworth outdoor pools set for bank holiday weekend opening
- Credit: Archant
The outdoor swimming pools in Hitchin and Letchworth are to open their doors for summer this Saturday, in line with the bank holiday weekend and the start of the half-term break.
It’s a special year for the Hitchin pool in particular, as it marks 80 years open. North Herts District Council, which owns the facility is set to hold an event in the summer to celebrate.
Councillor David Barnard, who is responsible for leisure at the district council, said: “The pool is a great place for people of all ages to come together to enjoy al fresco swimming or relax in the sunshine.
“With the half-term break coinciding with the opening we are looking forward to welcoming the first of hopefully thousands of visits over the coming summer season.
“We are lucky to have two 50-metre outdoor pools in the area and we are proud to be able to provide local residents with the opportunity to use these fantastic facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
Both outdoor pools are heated and have smaller heated pools for toddlers and smaller children, with grassed areas for sunbathing and cafés. They can both be hired out for parties and other events.
They are set to stay open until Sunday, September 9.
To find out more, see north-herts.gov.uk/home/leisure/summer-north-herts/splash-parks-and-outdoor-pools.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death