Hitchin and Letchworth outdoor pools set for bank holiday weekend opening
- Credit: Archant
The outdoor swimming pools in Hitchin and Letchworth are to open their doors for summer this Saturday, in line with the bank holiday weekend and the start of the half-term break.
It’s a special year for the Hitchin pool in particular, as it marks 80 years open. North Herts District Council, which owns the facility is set to hold an event in the summer to celebrate.
Councillor David Barnard, who is responsible for leisure at the district council, said: “The pool is a great place for people of all ages to come together to enjoy al fresco swimming or relax in the sunshine.
“With the half-term break coinciding with the opening we are looking forward to welcoming the first of hopefully thousands of visits over the coming summer season.
“We are lucky to have two 50-metre outdoor pools in the area and we are proud to be able to provide local residents with the opportunity to use these fantastic facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
Both outdoor pools are heated and have smaller heated pools for toddlers and smaller children, with grassed areas for sunbathing and cafés. They can both be hired out for parties and other events.
They are set to stay open until Sunday, September 9.
To find out more, see north-herts.gov.uk/home/leisure/summer-north-herts/splash-parks-and-outdoor-pools.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 5 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?