Hitchin and Letchworth comedy club returns
A GLOBE-TROTTING Irishman and a comedian making waves combine as a monthly comedy club returns tomorrow (Friday).
Lastminutecomedy Club welcomes Brendan Dempsey and James Cook to Hitchin’s Woodside Hall tomorrow before the pair do it all over again at Letchworth Arts Centre on Saturday.
Having performed all over the world - including festivals in Edinburgh, Melbourne and Kansas - next on Dempsey’s list to tick off is Hitchin and Letchworth GC.
His comedy credits include performing at the Lyceum Theatre for Bill Bailey’s SOS charity benefit, as well as appearing on BBC, ITV and Channel 4 for Just for Laughs.
With a Father Ted Christmas special to his name, the Irishman was most recently working back in his home country with one of the show’s stars Ardal O’ Hanlon, working on in his new sitcom Val Falvey T.D.
You may also want to watch:
Birmingham-based comedian James Cook joins him having returned to the comedy circuit full time after seven years as an award-winning commercial radio presenter.
Before his career change, Cook won a Spike Milligan Award for Stand-up in 2003 on the back of an act which mixes jokes and sarcasm with a quick wit and excellent improvisation - and you can expect more of the same here.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
Paul B Edwards will be compering as well as showcasing songs from his new album Songs In The Key Of Death before driving up to Scotland straight after Saturday’s Letchworth GC gig to begin a 20-day run at Edinburgh Festival performing a show of the same name.
Doors open for both shows at 7.30pm before starting at 8.30pm.
Admission is �10 or �8 for members, with advanced tickets available from the Letchworth Arts Centre by calling 01462 670788 or visiting www.letchwortharts.org