North Herts artist enjoys their best year
- Credit: Sharon Cooper
An artist from north Herts has enjoyed a successful year.
Hitchin-born artist Sarah Graham, who has a studio in Letchworth, is celebrating.
“I’ve had my best year in 20 years of being a self-employed artist,” she revealed.
“My current painting based on the Wizard of Oz has sold before it’s even finished!
"Things are going really well for me at the moment.”
A photorealist oil painter of all things kitsch and colourful, Sarah’s work is either sold or with galleries, and her paintings are studied in schools in the UK and around the world.
“That has blown up this past year too," added Sarah.
"I’ve had messages from the USA, Australia, China, the Middle East and Malaysia. It’s been incredible.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
"I’ve made painting tutorials on my YouTube channel for schools to use while in lockdown, too.”
In 2012, Sarah was commissioned by indie-rock group Kaiser Chiefs to paint the album cover of their singles collection Souvenir: The Singles 2004–2012.