North Herts artist enjoys their best year
- Credit: Sharon Cooper
An artist from north Herts has enjoyed a successful year.
Hitchin-born artist Sarah Graham, who has a studio in Letchworth, is celebrating.
“I’ve had my best year in 20 years of being a self-employed artist,” she revealed.
“My current painting based on the Wizard of Oz has sold before it’s even finished!
"Things are going really well for me at the moment.”
A photorealist oil painter of all things kitsch and colourful, Sarah’s work is either sold or with galleries, and her paintings are studied in schools in the UK and around the world.
“That has blown up this past year too," added Sarah.
"I’ve had messages from the USA, Australia, China, the Middle East and Malaysia. It’s been incredible.
- 1 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 2 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 3 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 5 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
- 6 New train times arriving in Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City next week
- 7 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 Have you ever wanted to become a police officer?
- 10 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
"I’ve made painting tutorials on my YouTube channel for schools to use while in lockdown, too.”
In 2012, Sarah was commissioned by indie-rock group Kaiser Chiefs to paint the album cover of their singles collection Souvenir: The Singles 2004–2012.