North Herts artist enjoys their best year
- Credit: Sharon Cooper
An artist from north Herts has enjoyed a successful year.
Hitchin-born artist Sarah Graham, who has a studio in Letchworth, is celebrating.
“I’ve had my best year in 20 years of being a self-employed artist,” she revealed.
“My current painting based on the Wizard of Oz has sold before it’s even finished!
"Things are going really well for me at the moment.”
A photorealist oil painter of all things kitsch and colourful, Sarah’s work is either sold or with galleries, and her paintings are studied in schools in the UK and around the world.
“That has blown up this past year too," added Sarah.
"I’ve had messages from the USA, Australia, China, the Middle East and Malaysia. It’s been incredible.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
"I’ve made painting tutorials on my YouTube channel for schools to use while in lockdown, too.”
In 2012, Sarah was commissioned by indie-rock group Kaiser Chiefs to paint the album cover of their singles collection Souvenir: The Singles 2004–2012.