Hermitage Road Weekend on the way, as car meets started last year thrive
- Credit: Archant
A classic vehicle meet held monthly in Hitchin has been going from strength to strength since it was launched at last year’s Hermitage Road Day.
And ahead of this year’s Hermitage Road Weekend – which kicks off this Saturday – H-Town Classic and Dub Club has made it into the national press, with a picture spread in Volkswagen-themed magazine VW Bus.
Felix Camfield-Walker, of funky hair salon Farley’s – which is sponsoring the Hermitage Road Weekend – said he was delighted the club was doing so well.
He told the Comet: “These things can come over as elitist and unwelcoming. But H-Town is definitely neither of those things.”
H-Town Classics meet in Market Place each last Monday of the month from 6pm to 9pm. All vehicles are welcome, from custom bicycles to tractors.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s Hermitage Road Weekend, supported by the Hitchin BID, is from 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday. As well as classic cars, there will be music, food, competitions and more.
To find out more, look up H-Town Classic and Dub Club on Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour