Hermitage Road Weekend on the way, as car meets started last year thrive
- Credit: Archant
A classic vehicle meet held monthly in Hitchin has been going from strength to strength since it was launched at last year’s Hermitage Road Day.
And ahead of this year’s Hermitage Road Weekend – which kicks off this Saturday – H-Town Classic and Dub Club has made it into the national press, with a picture spread in Volkswagen-themed magazine VW Bus.
Felix Camfield-Walker, of funky hair salon Farley’s – which is sponsoring the Hermitage Road Weekend – said he was delighted the club was doing so well.
He told the Comet: “These things can come over as elitist and unwelcoming. But H-Town is definitely neither of those things.”
H-Town Classics meet in Market Place each last Monday of the month from 6pm to 9pm. All vehicles are welcome, from custom bicycles to tractors.
This year’s Hermitage Road Weekend, supported by the Hitchin BID, is from 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday. As well as classic cars, there will be music, food, competitions and more.
To find out more, look up H-Town Classic and Dub Club on Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe