Hermitage Road Weekend on the way, as car meets started last year thrive
- Credit: Archant
A classic vehicle meet held monthly in Hitchin has been going from strength to strength since it was launched at last year’s Hermitage Road Day.
And ahead of this year’s Hermitage Road Weekend – which kicks off this Saturday – H-Town Classic and Dub Club has made it into the national press, with a picture spread in Volkswagen-themed magazine VW Bus.
Felix Camfield-Walker, of funky hair salon Farley’s – which is sponsoring the Hermitage Road Weekend – said he was delighted the club was doing so well.
He told the Comet: “These things can come over as elitist and unwelcoming. But H-Town is definitely neither of those things.”
H-Town Classics meet in Market Place each last Monday of the month from 6pm to 9pm. All vehicles are welcome, from custom bicycles to tractors.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s Hermitage Road Weekend, supported by the Hitchin BID, is from 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday. As well as classic cars, there will be music, food, competitions and more.
To find out more, look up H-Town Classic and Dub Club on Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school