Heavyweight humour on the bill as Bob bows in at Jesterlarf for Stevenage show
- Credit: Archant
Headlining the next chuckle convention at Stevenage’s Jesterlarf Comedy Club is circuit veteran and prolific writer Bob Mills.
Burly Bob burst on to the London comedy scene in 1985, quickly making a name for himself with a new line of irreverent laddish stand-up.
He also put together a string of acclaimed TV shows including cult hit In Bed With Me Dinner and penned scripts for Channel 4’s Shameless.
An avid sports fan despite a lifelong allegiance to Leyton Orient, Bob presents his own radio show on BBC London.
Support comes from BBC New Comedy Award winner Matt Rees with his unique deadpan tales of junk food, alcohol and laziness, as well as surreal Geordie Richard Todd, all linked by award-winning compere Ed Gamble.
You may also want to watch:
The show at the Gordon Craig Theatre is on Saturday, December 6, from 8.30pm.
Tickets are £12.50 in advance, call 01438 363200.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour