Heavyweight humour on the bill as Bob bows in at Jesterlarf for Stevenage show
- Credit: Archant
Headlining the next chuckle convention at Stevenage’s Jesterlarf Comedy Club is circuit veteran and prolific writer Bob Mills.
Burly Bob burst on to the London comedy scene in 1985, quickly making a name for himself with a new line of irreverent laddish stand-up.
He also put together a string of acclaimed TV shows including cult hit In Bed With Me Dinner and penned scripts for Channel 4’s Shameless.
An avid sports fan despite a lifelong allegiance to Leyton Orient, Bob presents his own radio show on BBC London.
Support comes from BBC New Comedy Award winner Matt Rees with his unique deadpan tales of junk food, alcohol and laziness, as well as surreal Geordie Richard Todd, all linked by award-winning compere Ed Gamble.
You may also want to watch:
The show at the Gordon Craig Theatre is on Saturday, December 6, from 8.30pm.
Tickets are £12.50 in advance, call 01438 363200.
- 1 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 2 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 6 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 7 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage