Heads or tails headliners - comics toss a coin for top billing at Hitchin summer special
- Credit: Archant
What’s one of the best-known names on the stand-up circuit doing opening the show rather than headlining?
Is Richard Herring’s slot at Hitchin’s Lastminute Comedy Club a sad indication of a career on the slide at a time when his one-time double act partner Stewart Lee – a sellout success within hours for a date at the rival Mostly Comedy club in September – goes from strength to strength?
Not a bit of it, says Lastminute impresario Paul B. Edwards – it’s just that Richard and Nina Benjamin, who shares the bill at Woodside Hall next Saturday night, had never appeared together before and tossed a coin to decide who opened and who closed.
But seeing as the podcast pioneer whose indiscreet Leicester Square chats with other comedians are one of the biggest hits of comedy cyberspace has only recently become a father for the first time, perhaps he’ll be glad of the chance to have an early night.
Hitchin dates in the Lastminute calendar are normally held at the Walsworth Road venue on a Friday night but this one-off summer special is on Saturday, August 1.
You may also want to watch:
Both performers have been big hits with the Hitchin crowd in the past, and doors open at 7.30pm with the show starting at 8.30pm.
It’s £10 on the door or £9 advance from Hitchin Initiative (27 Churchyard, 01462 453335) and you can find out more online at www.lastminutecomedy.com.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club