Head Man to Music Man
Hitchin Thespians are delighted to present Meredith Willson s The Music Man , at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage from 8-13th March 2010. This production is extra-special for the actor taking the lead role as Professor Harold Hill, as he is Tom Evans
Hitchin Thespians are delighted to present Meredith Willson's 'The Music Man', at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage from 8-13th March 2010.
This production is extra-special for the actor taking the lead role as Professor Harold Hill, as he is Tom Evans, Headteacher at Martins Wood School, Stevenage. And for the first time, he will be starring alongside 5 former pupils and 3 current pupils from his school!
Tom said "I'm delighted to have 8 children from the school involved in 'Music Man'. I think the experience will be stranger for the children than for me!"
Ex-pupil Adam Discipline who is playing the part of Winthrop show agrees "It's been strange, especially when I kick him but it's also been great fun!"
You may also want to watch:
The show tells the story of 'Professor' Harold Hill, a con man who travels to the small town of River City, Iowa to make his fortune. He decides to convince the town that they need a boys' band even though he can't read a note of music, and plans to disappear with the money he makes, once the boys have paid for their instruments and uniforms.
All goes to plan until he meets the prim, town librarian, Marian Paroo, but when Hill helps her younger brother, instead of exposing him as a fraud she finds herself falling in love with him.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
With dancing, humour and lots of well known musical numbers in the show including '76 Trombones' 'Till There was You' , 'The Wells Fargo Wagon' and 'Shipoopi'., which are often parodied in 'The Simpsons' and 'The Family Guy. It's a great family night's entertainment and tickets are available from �10 the Gordon Craig Theatre Box Office (01438 363200) and their website (www.gordon.craig.co.uk).
Hitchin Thespians will be looking for children to take part in their next production at the Gordon Craig Theatre, 'The King and I' which is in October this year.
If you are interested in any further information about 'The King and I' contact information is on the Hitchin Thespians website: www.hitchinthespians.org.uk.