Head Man to Music Man
Hitchin Thespians are delighted to present Meredith Willson s The Music Man , at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage from 8-13th March 2010. This production is extra-special for the actor taking the lead role as Professor Harold Hill, as he is Tom Evans
Hitchin Thespians are delighted to present Meredith Willson's 'The Music Man', at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage from 8-13th March 2010.
This production is extra-special for the actor taking the lead role as Professor Harold Hill, as he is Tom Evans, Headteacher at Martins Wood School, Stevenage. And for the first time, he will be starring alongside 5 former pupils and 3 current pupils from his school!
Tom said "I'm delighted to have 8 children from the school involved in 'Music Man'. I think the experience will be stranger for the children than for me!"
Ex-pupil Adam Discipline who is playing the part of Winthrop show agrees "It's been strange, especially when I kick him but it's also been great fun!"
The show tells the story of 'Professor' Harold Hill, a con man who travels to the small town of River City, Iowa to make his fortune. He decides to convince the town that they need a boys' band even though he can't read a note of music, and plans to disappear with the money he makes, once the boys have paid for their instruments and uniforms.
All goes to plan until he meets the prim, town librarian, Marian Paroo, but when Hill helps her younger brother, instead of exposing him as a fraud she finds herself falling in love with him.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
With dancing, humour and lots of well known musical numbers in the show including '76 Trombones' 'Till There was You' , 'The Wells Fargo Wagon' and 'Shipoopi'., which are often parodied in 'The Simpsons' and 'The Family Guy. It's a great family night's entertainment and tickets are available from �10 the Gordon Craig Theatre Box Office (01438 363200) and their website (www.gordon.craig.co.uk).
Hitchin Thespians will be looking for children to take part in their next production at the Gordon Craig Theatre, 'The King and I' which is in October this year.
If you are interested in any further information about 'The King and I' contact information is on the Hitchin Thespians website: www.hitchinthespians.org.uk.