Harp, we herald angelic strings for Ashwell date
- Credit: Archant
Here’s something for lovers of music who like to savour something out of the ordinary – the National Youth Harp Orchestra of Great Britain.
Yes, harps and nothing but – and you can hear what that sounds like on Sunday, November 23, when they arrive at Ashwell’s historic St Mary’s Church for a concert that starts at 3pm.
Organisers promise 20 harps playing in unison, with children and adult musicians side by side.
The orchestra, formerly known as the International Harp Ensemble, aims to offer a platform of unique opportunities for harp enthusiasts of all ages and has a repertoire rich in diversity, impeccably presented and performed to the highest standard.
According to founder Luisa-Maria Cordell, this musical feast for the eye and the ear journeys through a musical landscape including light classical, Celtic repertoire, romantic pieces, jazz and modern/popular music.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “You will be amazed at the versatility of the ensemble, comprising some of Britain’s finest harpists.
“They have performed internationally in France, Belgium, Portugal and Germany and have recently returned from a tour to the USA where they performed at a private dinner reception given by the British Ambassador for Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barbra Streisand, and the Prince of Saudi Arabia.”
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Tickets are £10 at the door, with children up to 16 free. For more details, call 01462 742601.