Harp, we herald angelic strings for Ashwell date
- Credit: Archant
Here’s something for lovers of music who like to savour something out of the ordinary – the National Youth Harp Orchestra of Great Britain.
Yes, harps and nothing but – and you can hear what that sounds like on Sunday, November 23, when they arrive at Ashwell’s historic St Mary’s Church for a concert that starts at 3pm.
Organisers promise 20 harps playing in unison, with children and adult musicians side by side.
The orchestra, formerly known as the International Harp Ensemble, aims to offer a platform of unique opportunities for harp enthusiasts of all ages and has a repertoire rich in diversity, impeccably presented and performed to the highest standard.
According to founder Luisa-Maria Cordell, this musical feast for the eye and the ear journeys through a musical landscape including light classical, Celtic repertoire, romantic pieces, jazz and modern/popular music.
She said: “You will be amazed at the versatility of the ensemble, comprising some of Britain’s finest harpists.
“They have performed internationally in France, Belgium, Portugal and Germany and have recently returned from a tour to the USA where they performed at a private dinner reception given by the British Ambassador for Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barbra Streisand, and the Prince of Saudi Arabia.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
Tickets are £10 at the door, with children up to 16 free. For more details, call 01462 742601.