Hand it to jazz couple
A SPECIAL evening of jazz will be creating smooth vibes at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage on Thursday, May 11. As part of their Holding Hands Tour, husband and wife jazz duo Cleo Laine and John Dankworth will be performing some classic jazz. Betwee
A SPECIAL evening of jazz will be creating smooth vibes at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage on Thursday, May 11.
As part of their Holding Hands Tour, husband and wife jazz duo Cleo Laine and John Dankworth will be performing some classic jazz.
Between them they have worked with the likes of Ray Charles, Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong and performed across the world.
The show begins at 7.45pm and tickets cost between £13.50 and £18.50.
o ALSO at the Gordon Craig is a charity variety show organised by the Grand Order of Water Rats on Friday, May 12.
There's a whole host of acts and a great mix of celebrity faces who have joined together for this worthy cause.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Entertainment will come from Graham Cole (PC Stamp in The Bill), John Bardon and Derek Martin (Jim Branning and Charlie Slater from EastEnders) alongside Joan Regan, Johnie Casson and Terry Seabrook
The show starts at 7.30pm.
o SWING 'n' Sinatra brings the band Five Star Swing to the Gordon Craig on Sunday, May 14.
The show features a host of classic big band and swinging songs from artists such as Glenn Miller and Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole.
The night begins at 7.45pm and will be packed full of hits, performed by the eight-piece band. Tickets cost £16.50.
For more information and tickets to either of these events call the box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk