Haçienda Classical concert coming to Wrest Park with Orbital as special guests
- Credit: Kevin Richards
Orbital have been announced as the special guests for the Haçienda Classical concert in Bedfordshire this summer.
After headlining last year’s Standon Calling Festival in the Hertfordshire countryside, the seminal English electronic duo will be performing a DJ set as part of the 2018 Heritage Live Concert Series coming to Wrest Park.
Haçienda Classical is the orchestral reimagining of the infamous 90s rave scene.
Curated by legendary Haçienda DJs Graeme Park and Mike Pickering, the Sunday, September 2 concert in Silsoe, Bedfordshire, will be a live symphonic celebration of The Classic Club Sound with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra.
Orbital will present a DJ set in the stunning grounds of this English Heritage site featuring both brothers, Paul and Phil Hartnoll – a contrast to the early 1990s abandoned warehouse rave scene in the South East that orbited the M25, from which the duo took their name.
You may also want to watch:
Since reforming in 2017, Orbital have sold-out venues and topped the bill at festivals across the UK and Europe, including Standon Lordship, bringing their Acid House infused sound that has achieved commercial and critical acclaim across eight studio albums.
The dance pioneers have been a recurring mainstay of British electronic music ever since breaking through to mainstream audiences via their highly revered 1994 Glastonbury Festival set.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Orbital will kick-start the party at Wrest Park as special guests when they perform prior to Haçienda Classical, the orchestral reimagining of the sounds that emanated from the notorious Haçienda club in Manchester.
• Tickets for Haçienda Classical with special guests Orbital (DJ Set) are on sale now.
You can buy general tickets from www.ticketline.co.uk/heritage-live-concerts