Guitar virtuoso Luigi is the latest star to perform in Weston’s village church
- Credit: Archant
Scarlatti sonatas and 20th century Spanish music will be sounding out in the incongruous surroundings of a village church at the weekend.
Guitar virtuoso Luigi Attad-emo is the latest star name to be attracted by the Weston Music Society, which stages top class concerts in Holy Trinity Church up to six times a year.
Tickets for Saturday’s performance – £12, but under 19s don’t pay – are available from Weston Stores and David’s Music in Letchworth, by calling 01462 790573 or emailing email@example.com
Luigi is a much-admired Italian classical guitarist who has a wide-ranging repertoire spanning the 16th to the 21st centuries.
The programme for Weston mirrors a recital given last month in Madrid and features sonatas by Scarlatti – included in a new CD release – interspersed with 20th century pieces by modern Spanish composers.
You may also want to watch:
Guitar will also be to the fore for the final concert of the spring season, when celebrated Paraguayan player Berta Rojas returns to the village on Saturday, June 20.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series