Guitar virtuoso Luigi is the latest star to perform in Weston’s village church
- Credit: Archant
Scarlatti sonatas and 20th century Spanish music will be sounding out in the incongruous surroundings of a village church at the weekend.
Guitar virtuoso Luigi Attad-emo is the latest star name to be attracted by the Weston Music Society, which stages top class concerts in Holy Trinity Church up to six times a year.
Tickets for Saturday’s performance – £12, but under 19s don’t pay – are available from Weston Stores and David’s Music in Letchworth, by calling 01462 790573 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Luigi is a much-admired Italian classical guitarist who has a wide-ranging repertoire spanning the 16th to the 21st centuries.
The programme for Weston mirrors a recital given last month in Madrid and features sonatas by Scarlatti – included in a new CD release – interspersed with 20th century pieces by modern Spanish composers.
You may also want to watch:
Guitar will also be to the fore for the final concert of the spring season, when celebrated Paraguayan player Berta Rojas returns to the village on Saturday, June 20.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame