Grease gets cleaned up so everyone can sing along at Letchworth production
- Credit: Archant
The rock’n’roll sounds of Rydell High will be rocking up in Letchworth next week with a production of Grease performed by the town’s Young Arcadians.
The curtain goes up at St. Christopher School next Wednesday, February 18, with evening performances continuing at the Barrington Road venue until Saturday, when there is also an afternoon matinee.
It’s an abridged version of the popular show which retains the fun-loving spirit and the immortal songs that make Grease one of the most popular musicals of all time but cuts out all references and uses of cigarettes and alcohol as well as any swearing or bad language, so it’s suitable for all ages.
The production is directed by David Walker, with Chris Gardiner as musical director and Lucy Walker and Emily Vivian as choreographers.
David said: “We have really have had fun during rehearsals, the guys have really enjoyed singing all the iconic songs that we all know and love so well.
“As we are performing a version that has been rewritten especially for young people with some of the more controversial subjects removed, it means it is suitable for everyone to enjoy!”
To reserve tickets – £12 for adults, £10 concessions – call 01462 453801.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas