Graphic Novel Review: Tank Girl – Bad Wind Rising
(Titan Books - �14.99)
Alan Martin and Rufus Dayglo
COMBINE the raw sexiness of Tank Girl, the sassiness of Jet Girl and the sheer bonkers-ness that is Booga and you’re set for a rip roaring trip through the post-apocalyptic Outback, with our intrepid (and frankly gross) heroes dodging mad scientists and mutant kangaroos along the way.
Yes, Tank Girl’s back in a new hardback collection of the 4 part Bad Wind Rising series, with kangaroo boyfriend in tow. But there’s trouble in paradise, and strange character changes threaten to tear our two love birds apart. Is Booga really pissed off about having to do the dishes, or are there more sinister agents at work?
What you see is what you get with this collection. It’s the usual adults-only giggly mix of sex, drugs and rock and roll given the Alan Martin twist, with Dayglo’s artwork paying tribute to Hewletts original vision but with a much grungier feel. There’s much silliness, cartoon breasts as distraction devices, mutant knicker salesman and deceitful disguises, but if you’re a fan it’s just what you would expect and delivers a delicious drop of naughtiness.
You may also want to watch:
Tie-in a little quantum physics, the end of the world and some punk-surfer dudes for additional love interest and you’ll find yourself galloping through this tome and begging for more!
Review by Kirsti Wilson
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 4 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club