Grandaddy Just Like The Fambly Cat - V2
There is more than a certain poignancy in Grandaddy s opener here, built around a recurring sample of a youngster asking all innocent: What happened to the family cat? Fans of Grandaddy s feted alternative sound – sample-loving, retro-electro mash-up we
There is more than a certain poignancy in Grandaddy's opener here, built around a recurring sample of a youngster asking all innocent: 'What happened to the family cat?'
Fans of Grandaddy's feted alternative sound - sample-loving, retro-electro mash-up weirdness woven into country and folk whimsy - will likely be asking the same of these bearded Californians, as they hang up their trucker caps for the last time.
But thankfully, in signing off they have created one of their strongest albums yet.
Elevate Myself, one of the band's poppiest ever moments, fits right into The Flaming Lips' quirky but compelling sonic world.
Beautifully skewed, inspiring beardo-pop. Go buy.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown