Grandaddy Just Like The Fambly Cat - V2
There is more than a certain poignancy in Grandaddy s opener here, built around a recurring sample of a youngster asking all innocent: What happened to the family cat? Fans of Grandaddy s feted alternative sound – sample-loving, retro-electro mash-up we
There is more than a certain poignancy in Grandaddy's opener here, built around a recurring sample of a youngster asking all innocent: 'What happened to the family cat?'
Fans of Grandaddy's feted alternative sound - sample-loving, retro-electro mash-up weirdness woven into country and folk whimsy - will likely be asking the same of these bearded Californians, as they hang up their trucker caps for the last time.
But thankfully, in signing off they have created one of their strongest albums yet.
Elevate Myself, one of the band's poppiest ever moments, fits right into The Flaming Lips' quirky but compelling sonic world.
You may also want to watch:
Beautifully skewed, inspiring beardo-pop. Go buy.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?