Grandaddy Just Like The Fambly Cat - V2
There is more than a certain poignancy in Grandaddy s opener here, built around a recurring sample of a youngster asking all innocent: What happened to the family cat? Fans of Grandaddy s feted alternative sound – sample-loving, retro-electro mash-up we
There is more than a certain poignancy in Grandaddy's opener here, built around a recurring sample of a youngster asking all innocent: 'What happened to the family cat?'
Fans of Grandaddy's feted alternative sound - sample-loving, retro-electro mash-up weirdness woven into country and folk whimsy - will likely be asking the same of these bearded Californians, as they hang up their trucker caps for the last time.
But thankfully, in signing off they have created one of their strongest albums yet.
Elevate Myself, one of the band's poppiest ever moments, fits right into The Flaming Lips' quirky but compelling sonic world.
You may also want to watch:
Beautifully skewed, inspiring beardo-pop. Go buy.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death