Stevenage panto cast members announced for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Credit: Gordon Craig / Jordan Productions
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is appearing in this year’s Stevenage pantomime, the perfect family show for one and all?
Jordan Productions, the creatives behind the annual Gordon Craig Theatre panto, have announced the first names set to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs this Christmas.
The panto will feature TV and West End actress Hannah Jane Fox and EastEnders and Dancing on Ice’s Matt Lapinskas, alongside Stevenage panto favourites Paul Laidlaw and Aidan O’Neill.
Hannah is best known for playing ‘Mum’ Sharon in the hit CBBC show Millie Inbetween.
She played Scaramouche in the original cast of We Will Rock You, for which she won the What’s On Stage Award for ‘Best Actress in a Musical’.
Hannah will be channelling all things evil as she steps into the role of Snow White’s jealous stepmother, Narcissia, at the Gordon Craig.
Matt played Anthony Moon in EastEnders, appearing in more than 100 episodes of the BBC One soap before taking to the ice in the eighth series of ITV’s Dancing on Ice.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
On stage, he has wowed audiences as Pharoah in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, and will be the dashing hero, Prince Simon, in Snow White.
The 2018/2019 panto season marks GCT stalwart Paul Laidlaw’s 32nd at the Stevenage venue, his first role being Widow Twankey in Aladdin.
Since then he has played “every other Dame in the business”, stepping out of skirts for only one year as an unforgettable Buttons in Cinderella.
This year sees him returns as Dame Delores Dingbat – Dame Dolly for short – housekeeper at the palace.
Paul will be joined by comedy sidekick Aidan O’Neill as Herbie the Huntsman, protector of the beautiful Snow White.
Aidan is fast becoming a Stevenage panto favourite with this production being his fifth.
Who will be playing Snow White has yet to be announced.
As well as the huge talent onstage, the Lytton Way venue is also very excited to welcome back award-winning choreographers Twist and Pulse, following their recent win for Best Choreography at this year’s Great British Pantomime Awards,
Tickets for Stevenage’s festive treat, one of the country’s longest running pantos, are selling fast.
The panto opens on Friday, November 30 and runs until January 27, 2019, with tickets starting from £14.50.
• To book your seats, visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk or call the box office on 01438 363200.