Stevenage panto cast members announced for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Credit: Gordon Craig / Jordan Productions
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is appearing in this year’s Stevenage pantomime, the perfect family show for one and all?
Jordan Productions, the creatives behind the annual Gordon Craig Theatre panto, have announced the first names set to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs this Christmas.
The panto will feature TV and West End actress Hannah Jane Fox and EastEnders and Dancing on Ice’s Matt Lapinskas, alongside Stevenage panto favourites Paul Laidlaw and Aidan O’Neill.
Hannah is best known for playing ‘Mum’ Sharon in the hit CBBC show Millie Inbetween.
She played Scaramouche in the original cast of We Will Rock You, for which she won the What’s On Stage Award for ‘Best Actress in a Musical’.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah will be channelling all things evil as she steps into the role of Snow White’s jealous stepmother, Narcissia, at the Gordon Craig.
Matt played Anthony Moon in EastEnders, appearing in more than 100 episodes of the BBC One soap before taking to the ice in the eighth series of ITV’s Dancing on Ice.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
On stage, he has wowed audiences as Pharoah in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, and will be the dashing hero, Prince Simon, in Snow White.
The 2018/2019 panto season marks GCT stalwart Paul Laidlaw’s 32nd at the Stevenage venue, his first role being Widow Twankey in Aladdin.
Since then he has played “every other Dame in the business”, stepping out of skirts for only one year as an unforgettable Buttons in Cinderella.
This year sees him returns as Dame Delores Dingbat – Dame Dolly for short – housekeeper at the palace.
Paul will be joined by comedy sidekick Aidan O’Neill as Herbie the Huntsman, protector of the beautiful Snow White.
Aidan is fast becoming a Stevenage panto favourite with this production being his fifth.
Who will be playing Snow White has yet to be announced.
As well as the huge talent onstage, the Lytton Way venue is also very excited to welcome back award-winning choreographers Twist and Pulse, following their recent win for Best Choreography at this year’s Great British Pantomime Awards,
Tickets for Stevenage’s festive treat, one of the country’s longest running pantos, are selling fast.
The panto opens on Friday, November 30 and runs until January 27, 2019, with tickets starting from £14.50.
• To book your seats, visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk or call the box office on 01438 363200.