Going Underground: Shannon is the star name as trio step up to stage big music night in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Three final year production arts students at Letchworth’s Da Vinci Studio School Of Creative Enterprise have switched on to a demand for electronic music – and they’re staging their own gig in the town next week.
Sam Rixon, 18, from Stevenage and coursemates Katie Jones, 19, and 20-year-old Molly Smith, both from Letchworth, have attracted headliner Shannon Saunders to top their bill at the Da Vinci Hall next Friday, March 20.
Katie said: “It has not been done before, electronic music is a very niche genre and we wanted to bring it to Letchworth. We think it is a very new and exciting event.”
Shannon is an 18-year-old songwriter from Swindon who has been posting videos on Youtube since she was 14 and has accumulated more than 3.3 million views and 22,000 subscribers to her channel.
Also on the bill is Stevenage- based DJ Tigie Koroma, a familiar face at local clubs who has a regular slot on SG1 Radio.
You may also want to watch:
“He is extremely excited and can’t wait to showcase his new mixes and playlists,” said Katie.
The night starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available online from underground.ticketsource.co.uk. They will also be available on the door.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
Admission is £10, students £8, and the event is for those aged 16 and over.