Go and see amanaboutadog
THIS week go and see amanaboutadog. With luscious vocals and idiosyncratic live performances that will resonate your ear drums, amanaboutadog need to be heard. This week you ve got the chance to do just that. Making their debut with a new line up, they ar
THIS week go and see amanaboutadog.
With luscious vocals and idiosyncratic live performances that will resonate your ear drums, amanaboutadog need to be heard. This week you've got the chance to do just that.
Making their debut with a new line up, they are taking part in the Wide Awake Club at Shorty's Sports Bar, Hitchin, tomorrow (Friday), where they will be playing alongside the equally adept Ardent Kicks (www.ardentkicks.co.uk).
amanaboutadog will be performing an off-the-wall show, including vocals from the succulent Claire, live guitar from Ben (raised by wolves in the jungles of Panama if you believe their website), live VJing from video jock Jona and recorded drums courtesy of Joe.
You may also want to watch:
The crazily creative Claire said: "We got Joe to record his drums for when he isn't there. To replace or exceed the energy we'd lose by not having a live drummer we started looking for someone to put a film behind us."
Using Jona as a video jock adds a strong visual dimension to the band and creates an extra dimension to their performances, bringing to life the imagery of their songs.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
"We're so excited to see the reaction, not just to our music but to all the footage we've been preparing for the Shorty's gig. A highlight was torching hamburgers in a backstreet in Bethnal Green for American Towns (don't try this at home). Then we'll see everyone down the front for Ardent Kicks," she added.
The band offers a varied set and distinctive performance and although they are currently unsigned they are definitely one to keep an eye on.
For more information, and to listen to a few of their tracks including American Towns, visit www.myspace.com/amanaboutadog