Globe-trotting comedians touch down in Hitchin and Letchworth
TWO globe-trotting comedians will touch down in North Herts this weekend.
Bringing his own blend of dark humour, Carey Marx will be entertaining a Hitchin audience at Woodside Hall tomorrow (Friday) before a repeat show at Letchworth Arts Centre on Saturday as part of the monthly Lastminutecomedy Club.
Marx is a regular compere at UK festivals Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds, while his willful disregard for the controversial and delicate has seen him perform in the Middle East and at New Zealand Comedy Festival where he scooped the award for Best International Show.
Joining him will be Susan Murray, described by Time Out as a “feisty comedy fireball of fun”, who, as well as a string of festival gigs herself, has performed across the world, from Dubai to Ireland and China to Luxembourg.
Compering both shows will be Lastminute Comedy Club’s very own Paul B Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open for both gigs at 7.30pm for an 8.30pm start.
Admission is �10 or �8 for members, with tickets available for the Letchworth GC show on 01462 670788 or by visiting the Arts Centre in The Arcade.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
For more information visit www.lastminutecomedy.com