Globe-trotting comedians touch down in Hitchin and Letchworth
TWO globe-trotting comedians will touch down in North Herts this weekend.
Bringing his own blend of dark humour, Carey Marx will be entertaining a Hitchin audience at Woodside Hall tomorrow (Friday) before a repeat show at Letchworth Arts Centre on Saturday as part of the monthly Lastminutecomedy Club.
Marx is a regular compere at UK festivals Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds, while his willful disregard for the controversial and delicate has seen him perform in the Middle East and at New Zealand Comedy Festival where he scooped the award for Best International Show.
Joining him will be Susan Murray, described by Time Out as a “feisty comedy fireball of fun”, who, as well as a string of festival gigs herself, has performed across the world, from Dubai to Ireland and China to Luxembourg.
Compering both shows will be Lastminute Comedy Club’s very own Paul B Edwards.
Doors open for both gigs at 7.30pm for an 8.30pm start.
Admission is �10 or �8 for members, with tickets available for the Letchworth GC show on 01462 670788 or by visiting the Arts Centre in The Arcade.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 8 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 9 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
For more information visit www.lastminutecomedy.com