Globe-trotting comedians touch down in Hitchin and Letchworth
TWO globe-trotting comedians will touch down in North Herts this weekend.
Bringing his own blend of dark humour, Carey Marx will be entertaining a Hitchin audience at Woodside Hall tomorrow (Friday) before a repeat show at Letchworth Arts Centre on Saturday as part of the monthly Lastminutecomedy Club.
Marx is a regular compere at UK festivals Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds, while his willful disregard for the controversial and delicate has seen him perform in the Middle East and at New Zealand Comedy Festival where he scooped the award for Best International Show.
Joining him will be Susan Murray, described by Time Out as a “feisty comedy fireball of fun”, who, as well as a string of festival gigs herself, has performed across the world, from Dubai to Ireland and China to Luxembourg.
Compering both shows will be Lastminute Comedy Club’s very own Paul B Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open for both gigs at 7.30pm for an 8.30pm start.
Admission is �10 or �8 for members, with tickets available for the Letchworth GC show on 01462 670788 or by visiting the Arts Centre in The Arcade.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 10 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
For more information visit www.lastminutecomedy.com