Glastonbury veterans return to Hitchin for Rhythms of the World fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
GLASTONBURY veterans Stackridge are coming to Hitchin to help raise funds for next year’s Rhythms of the World.
The band, who make a return to the town after appearing at Rhythms in 2011, will be at Club 85 this weekend.
They are celebrating an impressive 44 years of making music, which has seen them play four times at Glastonbury, including the first ever festival.
Although they spent a good few years apart, the group’s members continued to make music before reforming again in 2007.
Their music has seen them tour around the country, but they will be in Hitchin on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
It promises to be a good night, with local heroes Lika Sharps offering up support.
Also RotW graduates – this time appearing in 2010 – the group are enigmatic, theatrical and original.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 9 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
- 10 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
Get your advance tickets for £8 now in Hitchin from Harvest Moon, The Victoria, The Half Moon and Bar 85, as well as David’s Music in Letchworth and online at www.wegottickets.com
Tickets will also be available on the door priced £10.
Doors open at 7.45pm with music from 8.15pm. The gig is open to everyone aged 16+ with ID.