Glastonbury veterans return to Hitchin for Rhythms of the World fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
GLASTONBURY veterans Stackridge are coming to Hitchin to help raise funds for next year’s Rhythms of the World.
The band, who make a return to the town after appearing at Rhythms in 2011, will be at Club 85 this weekend.
They are celebrating an impressive 44 years of making music, which has seen them play four times at Glastonbury, including the first ever festival.
Although they spent a good few years apart, the group’s members continued to make music before reforming again in 2007.
Their music has seen them tour around the country, but they will be in Hitchin on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
It promises to be a good night, with local heroes Lika Sharps offering up support.
Also RotW graduates – this time appearing in 2010 – the group are enigmatic, theatrical and original.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 6 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 9 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 10 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
Get your advance tickets for £8 now in Hitchin from Harvest Moon, The Victoria, The Half Moon and Bar 85, as well as David’s Music in Letchworth and online at www.wegottickets.com
Tickets will also be available on the door priced £10.
Doors open at 7.45pm with music from 8.15pm. The gig is open to everyone aged 16+ with ID.