Gilbert and Sullivan society’s Hitchin show
EXPECT witty one-liners, great melodies and memorable characters when a theatre society performs next week.
The Putteridge Bury Gilbert and Sullivan Society will be living up to its name for its production of Patience, written by the two playwrights in 1881.
The show will be performed at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin over four nights from Wednesday, May 2, until Saturday, May 5.
The play centres on Bunthorne, the ‘aesthetic’ local poet, who is lusted after and followed by all the ladies in the village, although he would rather get his hands on Patience, the village milkmaid.
She has never experienced love, but from what she can see of the others, it seems only to make people unhappy. After vowing never to fall in love, Patience has a chance encounter with an early childhood sweetheart. But shouldn’t true love be purely unselfish?
Nightly shows start at 7.30pm with tickets priced between �10 and �12. Call 01462 455166 or visit www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk to book.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company