Gig Guide August 24 - September 2 2006
Thursday August 24 # Atlantica – The Three Horseshoes, Willian. # First Chapter – Postels Club, Stevenage. # Little Man Tate, The Runners, My Passion – The Green Room, Welwyn GC, £6, 8pm. # Stuart O Connor – The Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC. Friday August
Thursday August 24
# Atlantica - The Three Horseshoes, Willian.
# First Chapter - Postels Club, Stevenage.
# Little Man Tate, The Runners, My Passion - The Green Room, Welwyn GC, £6, 8pm.
# Stuart O'Connor - The Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC.
Friday August 25
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
# Boo Howard and Dave Ellis - The Buck's Head, Little Wymondly, 8.30pm.
# Fridge Magnates - The Sailor, Hitchin.
# Self Inflicted, Scavengers Daughter - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
# Soul Captive Promotions presents Deadkidsongs, Munroe Effect, Thoughts Collide - Club 85, Hitchin, £4, 7.45pm.
Saturday August 26
# Cerberus, The Frays, Spongebob, Grimly Fiendish - Walkern Sports and Recreation Ground, Walkern, £2.50/£5, 5pm until late.
# Hoggz - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
# Kim Sellick - Postels Club, Stevenage.
# Len Crawley - The Old George, Ickleford, 8.30pm.
# Northern Soul night - The Bricklayers Arms, Hitchin. 8pm.
# Stuart O'Connor - De Luca, Cambridge.
# Sound Express - Henry Smith Playing Fields, Potton, £8, 8pm.
Sunday August 27
# Don Hilton - The Rose and Crown, Aston, 8.30pm.
# Hit and Run - Waggon and Horses, Graveley, 8.30pm.
# Neon, The 66 Kicks, Milner, Colour Ride, Butterfly Blues, Untitled 1961, Superzero, Sharp Hooter, Strange Folk, Underdog, The Blue Teeth - The Anchor, Hitchin, from 12pm until late.
# Steve Curtis - The Old George, Ickleford, 4pm.
# The True Deceivers - The Red Lion, Stevenage, 8.30pm.
Monday August 28
# Nick Oliveri and his Mondo Generator, Tour Support, Magna Saga - The Green Room, Welwyn GC, £10, 8pm.
Tuesday August 29
# Ten Years After, Michael Berk - The Green Room, Welwyn GC, £15, 8pm.
Wednesday August 30
# Half Man Half Biscuit - The Junction, Cambridge, £15/£16, 8pm.
# The Otters, Violet Martinez, Ignite - The Green Room, Welwyn GC, £4, 7.30pm.
Thursday August 31
# A Thousand Suns, The Homewreckers Club, The Runners, The Frays. - Jumpin Jaks, Stevenage.
# Donkeys - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
# Hawks Drift - Postels Club, Stevenage.
# Rubik - The Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC.
# Ben Ross - The Three Horseshoes, Willian.
Friday September 1
# Ardent Kicks, Gekko, Grandad's Van - Club 85, Hitchin, £4, 7.45pm.
# Fruition, Drymouth, The Raid - The Coach and Horses, Stevenage, 7.30pm.
# Gravity - The Sailor, Hitchin.
# Psylence, Atomic Ants, Figure of Six - The Green Room, Welwyn GC, £5, 8pm.
Saturday September 2
# Charity Music Festival: The Vicious Cabaret, Jack Names the Planets, Hekz, Tundra, Ex-Nihlo, Rogue Poet, Order of the Day, Izzy, Unclassified, Duran Darran, Counterfeit - Shefford Town Memorial Hall, 2pm, £5.50pm.
# Funky Monks - The Wilbury, Letchworth GC.
# Dave Kaye - Postels Club, Stevenage.