Gideon Conn heads storming solo night at Vic
A night dedicated to storming solo performers takes place at The Vic this weekend.
The barn in the garden of the Hitchin pub is the intimate venue for a triple-header with Gideon Conn, Stuart O’Connor and Joe Ferris on Saturday.
Conn, a singer-songwriter-rapper-entertainer looks like a maths geek, but sings and plays like a 1940s jazz guitarist who has invented hip hop - Jurassic 5 style.
With his live band tucked up in bed, Manchester’s favourite oddball son will be going solo with his acoustic.
Hitchin’s erstwhile My Pet Junkie and travelling troubadour, Stuart O’Connor will be bringing his magical overlays to the party, which if you haven’t seen, are worth the ticket on its own.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting them, and turning the air a shade of bright blue, is Joe Ferris – self-styled “anarchist, socialist, Buddhist and gobsh*te”.
With songs like Chlamydia Blues and Pissing Out My Bumhole – it’s not John Denver.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
Rogue promo have set up a corker.
Advance tickets are �3 from the bar, and four on the door.