Gideon Conn heads storming solo night at Vic
A night dedicated to storming solo performers takes place at The Vic this weekend.
The barn in the garden of the Hitchin pub is the intimate venue for a triple-header with Gideon Conn, Stuart O’Connor and Joe Ferris on Saturday.
Conn, a singer-songwriter-rapper-entertainer looks like a maths geek, but sings and plays like a 1940s jazz guitarist who has invented hip hop - Jurassic 5 style.
With his live band tucked up in bed, Manchester’s favourite oddball son will be going solo with his acoustic.
Hitchin’s erstwhile My Pet Junkie and travelling troubadour, Stuart O’Connor will be bringing his magical overlays to the party, which if you haven’t seen, are worth the ticket on its own.
Supporting them, and turning the air a shade of bright blue, is Joe Ferris – self-styled “anarchist, socialist, Buddhist and gobsh*te”.
With songs like Chlamydia Blues and Pissing Out My Bumhole – it’s not John Denver.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
Rogue promo have set up a corker.
Advance tickets are �3 from the bar, and four on the door.