Gideon Conn heads storming solo night at Vic
A night dedicated to storming solo performers takes place at The Vic this weekend.
The barn in the garden of the Hitchin pub is the intimate venue for a triple-header with Gideon Conn, Stuart O’Connor and Joe Ferris on Saturday.
Conn, a singer-songwriter-rapper-entertainer looks like a maths geek, but sings and plays like a 1940s jazz guitarist who has invented hip hop - Jurassic 5 style.
With his live band tucked up in bed, Manchester’s favourite oddball son will be going solo with his acoustic.
Hitchin’s erstwhile My Pet Junkie and travelling troubadour, Stuart O’Connor will be bringing his magical overlays to the party, which if you haven’t seen, are worth the ticket on its own.
Supporting them, and turning the air a shade of bright blue, is Joe Ferris – self-styled “anarchist, socialist, Buddhist and gobsh*te”.
With songs like Chlamydia Blues and Pissing Out My Bumhole – it’s not John Denver.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
Rogue promo have set up a corker.
Advance tickets are �3 from the bar, and four on the door.