Ghostly happenings at station
IF YOU can remember the Arthur Askey film, or even if you can t, you re in for a treat with The Gordon Craig Theatre Stevenage, production of The Ghost Train, by Arnold Ridley, Private Godfrey of Dad s Army. With a great cast, including Victor Spinetti as
IF YOU can remember the Arthur Askey film, or even if you can't, you're in for a treat with The Gordon Craig Theatre Stevenage, production of The Ghost Train, by Arnold Ridley, Private Godfrey of Dad's Army.
With a great cast, including Victor Spinetti as Saul, the railway station master, the action centres round the waiting room in Fal Vale, Cornwall. Here we meet six people who disembark from the train on a cold wet night only to be told they're stranded until the next morning. There are happy newlyweds, frosty Miss Bourne and a couple on the point of separation, besides a foppish hooray Henry, Teddie Deakin, who had caused their misfortune
They are warned by the station master not to stay there the night as local superstition told of a phantom ghost train and anyone who sees it dies. So when things start to go wrong - eerie noises, lights and a dead body - hearts are racing, forcing the teetotal Miss Bourne to swallow the contents of Deakin's flask!
There are so many twists and turns. A body that disappears and a demented woman, convinced she has seen the train, chased by her uncle and doctor. What is the truth?
A great comic performance by Stephen Beckett, who plays Dr Matt Ramsden of Coronation Street, as Teddie, and Julie Buckfield of Hollyoaks as the newlywed bride.
The Ghost Train runs until this, Saturday, September 30, and is a marvellous finale to the theatre's drama season.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London