Ghostly happenings at station
IF YOU can remember the Arthur Askey film, or even if you can t, you re in for a treat with The Gordon Craig Theatre Stevenage, production of The Ghost Train, by Arnold Ridley, Private Godfrey of Dad s Army. With a great cast, including Victor Spinetti as
IF YOU can remember the Arthur Askey film, or even if you can't, you're in for a treat with The Gordon Craig Theatre Stevenage, production of The Ghost Train, by Arnold Ridley, Private Godfrey of Dad's Army.
With a great cast, including Victor Spinetti as Saul, the railway station master, the action centres round the waiting room in Fal Vale, Cornwall. Here we meet six people who disembark from the train on a cold wet night only to be told they're stranded until the next morning. There are happy newlyweds, frosty Miss Bourne and a couple on the point of separation, besides a foppish hooray Henry, Teddie Deakin, who had caused their misfortune
They are warned by the station master not to stay there the night as local superstition told of a phantom ghost train and anyone who sees it dies. So when things start to go wrong - eerie noises, lights and a dead body - hearts are racing, forcing the teetotal Miss Bourne to swallow the contents of Deakin's flask!
There are so many twists and turns. A body that disappears and a demented woman, convinced she has seen the train, chased by her uncle and doctor. What is the truth?
You may also want to watch:
A great comic performance by Stephen Beckett, who plays Dr Matt Ramsden of Coronation Street, as Teddie, and Julie Buckfield of Hollyoaks as the newlywed bride.
The Ghost Train runs until this, Saturday, September 30, and is a marvellous finale to the theatre's drama season.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
- 8 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 9 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers