Get your comedy fix in Arlesey, Hitchin and Letchworth this month
- Credit: Archant
The comedy scene in Comet country is in full swing this month.
Lastminute Comedy are back with their latest installment of stand-up tonight (Friday) at Woodside Hall in Hitchin, and tomorrow (Saturday) at Letchworth Arts Centre, with Mandy Knight and Pierre Hollins on the bill.
Comedy store regular Knight is headlining and musical comedian Hollins provides ample support with Paul B Edwards compering as usual.
Doors for both shows open at 7.30pm with the gigs starting an hour later. Tickets cost £8 for members and £10 for non-members. Tickets can be bought in advance for the Letchworth GC show by visiting www.letchwortharts.org or by calling 01462 670788 between 10am-3pm on Monday to Friday. There will be a some tickets available on the door.
Arlesey Town Football Club on Hitchin Road are holding a night of comedy with Dave Courtney from 7.30pm until midnight tomorrow (Saturday). There will also be a DJ and live music. Tickets are £15 and available from www.bigviewevents.com For further information email email@example.com or call 07715 333094.
The laughter continues on Thursday, July 10, with Mostly Comedy at the Market Theatre studio on Sun Street in Hitchin and comedians Ed Gamble and David Trent providing the mirth.
Chortle Award winning Gamble has appeared on BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News, performed on Dave’s One Night Stand and written for Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Mock The Week and Ask Rhod Gilbert.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
He has toured with Greg Davies, Russell Kane and Chris Addison and is currently starring in the seven-part comedy series for BBC America, Almost Royal.
Joining Gamble on the bill is David Trent whose individual brand of projector-based stand-up earned him a Foster’s Comedy Award nomination at the 2012 Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
The gig will be hosted, as ever, by Glyn Doggett and David Ephgrave.
The bar will be open from 8.30pm, with the first act on stage at 9.15pm.
Tickets are £9.50, and are available in advance, via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk
Stewart Lee was originally scheduled to appear at this show, but this has been postponed until September 18.
All tickets booked for him are still valid for the change of date.