Get ready for a Wall of sound as Floyd tribute team get set to play Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
You don’t have to travel to the dark side of the moon to catch top tribute team The Floyd Effect – they’re heading to Hitchin next week.
They’ll be serving up hits made famous by the highbrow supergroup at the town’s Club 85 venue next Saturday, December 20.
Organisers say that the band, which has been touring since 2007, presents the music of Pink Floyd as it was meant to be heard.
Mark Horgan, who takes on Dave Gilmour duties on lead guitar, says they pride themselves on their note-perfect renditions of the band’s iconic catalogue.
He said: “All the band members are top quality musicians with pedigrees that stretch across all manner of musical genres, and they faithfully recreate the music and intensity of a Floyd concert without recourse to backing tracks, racks of computers, or other technological wizardry.
You may also want to watch:
“The music is supported by a dramatic light show.
“Unless you were there the first time round, the music of Pink Floyd was never as real as this.”
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
Tickets are £15 from the venue and other outlets including Farleys and Jolly Brown in Hitchin, Unikorn in Stevenage and David’s Bookshop in Letchworth.