Gallery: Sonisphere Festival is a sell out at Knebworth
THE three-day Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park this weekend sold out on Sunday, with organisers having to turn away Iron Maiden fans at the gates.
An estimated 55,000 people attended the metal and hard rock event over the weekend, with Iron Maiden bringing the show to a close last night (Sunday).
Festival-goers on Saturday were treated to an explosive performance from headliners Rammstein, who had brought with them nine articulated lorries containing 22 tonnes of pyrotechnics.
Alice Cooper topped the bill on Friday with his Theatre of Death show.
The festival will return to the grounds of Knebworth House next summer.
You may also want to watch:
* Click on the link top right for a gallery of photos from Sonisphere and see this week’s Comet, out Thursday, for more news from the festival.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof