Gallery: Sonisphere Festival is a sell out at Knebworth
THE three-day Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park this weekend sold out on Sunday, with organisers having to turn away Iron Maiden fans at the gates.
An estimated 55,000 people attended the metal and hard rock event over the weekend, with Iron Maiden bringing the show to a close last night (Sunday).
Festival-goers on Saturday were treated to an explosive performance from headliners Rammstein, who had brought with them nine articulated lorries containing 22 tonnes of pyrotechnics.
Alice Cooper topped the bill on Friday with his Theatre of Death show.
The festival will return to the grounds of Knebworth House next summer.
You may also want to watch:
* Click on the link top right for a gallery of photos from Sonisphere and see this week’s Comet, out Thursday, for more news from the festival.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal