Gallery: Sonisphere Festival is a sell out at Knebworth
THE three-day Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park this weekend sold out on Sunday, with organisers having to turn away Iron Maiden fans at the gates.
An estimated 55,000 people attended the metal and hard rock event over the weekend, with Iron Maiden bringing the show to a close last night (Sunday).
Festival-goers on Saturday were treated to an explosive performance from headliners Rammstein, who had brought with them nine articulated lorries containing 22 tonnes of pyrotechnics.
Alice Cooper topped the bill on Friday with his Theatre of Death show.
The festival will return to the grounds of Knebworth House next summer.
* Click on the link top right for a gallery of photos from Sonisphere and see this week’s Comet, out Thursday, for more news from the festival.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre