Gallery hosts Herts Open Studios preview
FOR the second consecutive year a gallery will be hosting a Herts Open Studios preview day this Saturday.
Around 20 artists will be displaying and talking about their work at Copper Beech Art Gallery ahead of the county-wide open studios event from September 10 to October 2.
During the event, from 10am to 4pm, the gallery will be providing free wine and the chance to sample free homemade cakes, served in the new tea room.
The old English style tea room replaces the former photographic studio, offering fresh snacks, scones and cream teas in bone china cups and saucer.
Copper Beech is also planning to launch clubs such as embroidery, beading, knit and natter.
Members will have the chance to knit a square 34 stiches by 34 rows in any style they choose, before they are stitched together into blankets and sent to orphanages in countries like South Africa.
The gallery in Little Wymondley will also be providing a collection point for good quality dolls such as Barbie and Ken for the cause.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
For more information call Fran Hale on 07794969908 or pop into the Priory Lane venue between Tuesday and Saturday, 10am to 4pm.