Gallery hosts Herts Open Studios preview
FOR the second consecutive year a gallery will be hosting a Herts Open Studios preview day this Saturday.
Around 20 artists will be displaying and talking about their work at Copper Beech Art Gallery ahead of the county-wide open studios event from September 10 to October 2.
During the event, from 10am to 4pm, the gallery will be providing free wine and the chance to sample free homemade cakes, served in the new tea room.
The old English style tea room replaces the former photographic studio, offering fresh snacks, scones and cream teas in bone china cups and saucer.
Copper Beech is also planning to launch clubs such as embroidery, beading, knit and natter.
You may also want to watch:
Members will have the chance to knit a square 34 stiches by 34 rows in any style they choose, before they are stitched together into blankets and sent to orphanages in countries like South Africa.
The gallery in Little Wymondley will also be providing a collection point for good quality dolls such as Barbie and Ken for the cause.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
For more information call Fran Hale on 07794969908 or pop into the Priory Lane venue between Tuesday and Saturday, 10am to 4pm.