Gallery hosts Christmas Open Day
ARTISTS will be on hand when an art gallery holds its fifth Christmas Open Day this weekend.
Copper Beech Art Gallery welcomes a number of resident artists including Jean Picton, Louise Shotter and Peter Massey, as well as Liz Wagstaff for a gilding demonstration.
Saturday’s open day will also see the launch of ‘Copper Beech Cameos’ - six by six canvases by resident artists which are miniatures of their usual size.
Owner Fran Hale, who has also opened a vintage tea room at the gallery, said: “If you are an old friend of the gallery or maybe someone who hasn’t yet found this jewel in Hertfordshire’s countryside come along and join in.
“As with all of the artworks sold in the gallery, every penny goes to the artist with the gallery taking no commission.”
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Open Day runs from 10am and 4pm at the venue in Priory Lane, Little Wymondley.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys