Gallery hosts Christmas Open Day
ARTISTS will be on hand when an art gallery holds its fifth Christmas Open Day this weekend.
Copper Beech Art Gallery welcomes a number of resident artists including Jean Picton, Louise Shotter and Peter Massey, as well as Liz Wagstaff for a gilding demonstration.
Saturday’s open day will also see the launch of ‘Copper Beech Cameos’ - six by six canvases by resident artists which are miniatures of their usual size.
Owner Fran Hale, who has also opened a vintage tea room at the gallery, said: “If you are an old friend of the gallery or maybe someone who hasn’t yet found this jewel in Hertfordshire’s countryside come along and join in.
“As with all of the artworks sold in the gallery, every penny goes to the artist with the gallery taking no commission.”
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Open Day runs from 10am and 4pm at the venue in Priory Lane, Little Wymondley.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?